Glasshouses is a small village in Nidderdale, North Yorkshire, England. It lies about 1 mile south-east of Pateley Bridge on the east side of Nidderdale and has a recently rebuilt river bridge across the river Nidd.
The old twine mill, on the banks of the Nidd, now houses a number of small businesses. There is a public house, The Birch Tree Inn, on the main Harrogate to Pateley Bridge road just outside the village.
- Bed & Breakfast establishments
- Children's playground (Private)
- Glasshouses Primary School
- The Birch Tree Inn public house
- Village hall (Broadbelt Hall)
A brief history
- 1982 The mill chimney was demolished
- 1970 The mill was closed
- 1933 Broadbelt Hall built
- 1926 Bridge over the Nidd destroyed and rebuilt
- 1910 Major refurbishment of the school
- 1907 Mill owners, the Metcalfes, bankrupted
Media related to Glasshouses at Wikimedia Commons
|This Harrogate location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|