Glee (season 5)
|Glee (season 5)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original run||September 26, 2013 –|
|List of Glee episodes|
The fifth season of Glee was commissioned on April 19, 2013, along with a sixth season. It premiered on September 26, 2013, as part of the 2013 fall season. After a winter break, it returned on February 25, 2014, moving to Tuesday nights to finish its season. The second part of the season will feature the 100th episode of the series, the 12th episode of the season, which is due to air on March 18, 2014.
The series features the New Directions glee club at the fictional William McKinley High School in the town of Lima, Ohio, and graduates of McKinley who have moved to New York City, some to attend the fictional New York Academy of Dramatic Arts (NYADA). Unlike previous seasons, the fifth continues the school year begun in season four. Throughout the season, the club and its alumni deal with relationships, death, and other social issues. The central characters are glee club director Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison), cheerleading coach and school principal Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch), glee club members Artie Abrams (Kevin McHale), Blaine Anderson (Darren Criss), Tina Cohen-Chang (Jenna Ushkowitz), Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) and graduates Rachel Berry (Lea Michele), Kurt Hummel (Chris Colfer), and Santana Lopez (Naya Rivera). Previously recurring characters Jake Puckerman (Jacob Artist), Marley Rose (Melissa Benoist), Ryder Lynn (Blake Jenner), Wade "Unique" Adams (Alex Newell), and Kitty Wilde (Becca Tobin), all glee club members, have been promoted to the main cast in the fifth season. Heather Morris, Amber Riley, Mark Salling, and Harry Shum, Jr., who play Brittany Pierce, Mercedes Jones, Noah "Puck" Puckerman and Mike Chang, respectively, are no longer series regulars, but have been appearing as guest stars.
This is the first season not to feature Cory Monteith, who died shortly before production was scheduled to begin. The death of Monteith's character, Finn Hudson, was the subject of the third episode, "The Quarterback", which paid tribute to them both. The series went on hiatus after the third episode, and resumed airing episodes after the baseball postseason.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|89||1||"Love, Love, Love"||Bradley Buecker||Brad Falchuk||September 26, 2013||5ARC01||5.06|
|The first of two tribute episodes to the Beatles, with New Directions performing the Fab Four's musical catalogue at director Will Schuester's behest. Kurt and Blaine agree to become boyfriends once again, and Blaine is emboldened to ask Kurt to marry him. Rachel's dreams of Broadway seem to be in jeopardy when a "chemistry" audition ends abruptly; Santana gets her a job at the Broadway diner where she works. Artie and Kitty begin dating. Sue Sylvester is made interim principal of McKinley High after she frames Figgins (Iqbal Theba).|
|90||2||"Tina in the Sky with Diamonds"||Ian Brennan||Ian Brennan||October 3, 2013||5ARC02||4.42|
|The second of two tribute episodes to the Beatles features the McKinley prom: when Tina is named one of the nominees for prom queen, she campaigns in a way that jeopardizes her relationship with her friends in glee club. Though she wins, Tina's triumph is sabotaged by Bree (Erinn Westbrook), a "mean girl" cheerleader. Rachel and Santana make a new friend at the diner where they work: a struggling artist named Dani (Demi Lovato), who is attracted to Santana and vice versa. Kurt gets a job at the diner. Sam is attracted to the new school nurse, a college sophomore named Penny Owen (Phoebe Strole). Rachel is cast in Funny Girl.|
|91||3||"The Quarterback"||Brad Falchuk||Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan||October 10, 2013||5ARC03||7.39|
|Finn Hudson's death leaves a massive hole in everyone's lives and each individual grieves in a different way.|
|92||4||"A Katy or a Gaga"||Ian Brennan||Russel Friend & Garrett Lerner||November 7, 2013||5ARC04||4.01|
|New Directions in Lima and the characters in New York explore "who they are as artists", using the music of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga in the process.|
|93||5||"The End of Twerk"||Wendey Stanzler||Michael Hitchcock||November 14, 2013||5ARC05||4.22|
|In New York, Rachel decides that both she and Kurt should be tattooed; Kurt gets a botched tattoo, and Rachel, who claims she decided not to, actually gets one saying "Finn". New Directions learns how to twerk. Jake's new closeness with Bree becomes known by his girlfriend Marley.|
|94||6||"Movin' Out"||Brad Falchuk||Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa||November 21, 2013||5ARC06||4.09|
|A tribute to Billy Joel's music. The seniors in the glee club start looking ahead to graduation and their lives afterward.|
|95||7||"Puppet Master"||Paul McCrane||Matthew Hodgson||November 28, 2013||5ARC07||2.84|
|The glee club reacts badly to Blaine's plans for them to win Nationals, and he is unhappy with their response. In New York, his fiancé Kurt has similar problems with his band when he books their first formal performance. McKinley principal Sue Sylvester finally reveals why she started wearing her trademark tracksuits.|
|96||8||"Previously Unaired Christmas"||Wendey Stanzler||Ross Maxwell||December 5, 2013||5ARC08||3.29|
|In a Christmas special that was supposedly suppressed by the network in 2012—according to Jane Lynch—the New York cast work as holiday elves, and the Lima glee club members vie to be in the living Nativity display at McKinley High.|
|97||9||"Frenemies"||Bradley Buecker||Ned Martel||February 25, 2014||5ARC09||2.99|
|Friendships quickly dissolve in both Lima and New York, with some devastating repercussions. At McKinley, Artie and Tina are forced to square off against each other for the honor of being the valedictorian of the graduating class, while in New York, Santana successfully auditions for the role of Rachel's understudy in Funny Girl, and Rachel is incensed.|
|98||10||"Trio"||Ian Brennan||Rivka Sophia Rossi||March 4, 2014||5ARC10||2.68|
|Elliott "Starchild" Gilbert (Adam Lambert) finds himself caught between feuding bandmates Santana and Rachel. Glee club members and good friends Tina, Sam and Blaine plan to spend some special time together before their impending graduation, but Becky (Lauren Potter) unexpectedly attaches herself to their group. Will and Emma (Jayma Mays) talk about having a child.|
|99||11||"City of Angels"||March 11, 2014|
|New Directions goes to Los Angeles to compete in the National Show Choir Championships. They dedicate their performance to their late co-director Finn Hudson, and take along his mother Carole Hudson-Hummel (Romy Rosemont) and stepfather Burt Hummel (Mike O'Malley) to see them compete. Former member Mercedes Jones (Amber Riley), who now lives in Los Angeles, also attends.|
|100||12||"100"||Paris Barclay||March 18, 2014|
|Current and past members of New Directions reunite to say goodbye to the glee club.|
|101||13||"New Directions"||Brad Falchuk||March 25, 2014|
|102||14||"New New York"||Sanaa Hamri||Ryan Murphy||April 1, 2014|
|103||15||April 8, 2014|
|104||16||Paul McCrane||April 15, 2014|
The season's production was set to begin in mid-July, with shooting commencing July 29, 2013. On July 18, 2013, it was announced the show would be going on a two-week hiatus while its writers and producers rewrote the storylines and figured out how to handle the death of Monteith's character, Finn Hudson. On July 19, 2013, Glee announced through their official Facebook fan page that the season premiere would air on September 26, one week after the original date, and filming would begin in early August. The season ultimately began shooting on August 5, 2013, a week later than originally planned, though studio recording and costume fittings for the cast began four days earlier.
On July 20, 2013, Ryan Murphy stated in an interview that Monteith's character would die in the third episode of the season and that episodes one and two will be tribute episodes to the Beatles. Lea Michele, Monteith's girlfriend who also stars as Rachel Berry on the show, was involved in the decision. After the third episode was completed, there was another hiatus while the creative team reworked the rest of the season. The show returned after the baseball postseason was over, and aired five episodes in a row without interruption.
For the 100th episode of Glee, which is the twelfth episode of this season, a promotion called "Gleeks Choice" was run by Fox at the end of November 2013 to allow fans to choose ten songs from a list of thirty that were performed in the past episodes of the series. The ten songs that received the most votes were to be featured in the episode. The list of thirteen songs that was eventually released in late February 2014 for the two-part 100th episode contained eight songs from the original thirty-song list, not ten.
Fox credits fourteen main cast members for the season: Matthew Morrison as glee club director Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester; Chris Colfer, Lea Michele and Naya Rivera as McKinley graduates and former glee club members Kurt Hummel, Rachel Berry and Santana Lopez, respectively; and Jacob Artist, Melissa Benoist, Darren Criss, Blake Jenner, Kevin McHale, Alex Newell, Chord Overstreet, Becca Tobin and Jenna Ushkowitz as current glee club members Jake Puckerman, Marley Rose, Blaine Anderson, Ryder Lynn, Artie Abrams, Wade "Unique" Adams, Sam Evans, Kitty Wilde and Tina Cohen-Chang, respectively. Five actors received contractual upgrades, having formerly been recurring cast members: Artist, Benoist, Jenner, Newell and Tobin. Five actors depart the main cast: Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson), who passed away in July 2013; and Heather Morris (Brittany Pierce), Amber Riley (Mercedes Jones), Mark Salling (Noah "Puck" Puckerman) and Harry Shum, Jr. (Mike Chang). Riley, Salling and Shum have been listed among the guest cast for this season. Murphy tweeted on December 3, 2013, that he had asked all original cast members to return for the 100th episode — Riley, Salling and Shum are expected to return, and Morris is expected to make her season five debut in this episode alongside Dianna Agron, who portrays Quinn Fabray. Kristin Chenoweth and Gwyneth Paltrow, April Rhodes and Holly Holliday on Glee, respectively, will also return for the 100th episode.
Two former main cast members, who appeared as recurring guest stars in the fourth season, have been cast in series regular roles in new television shows: Mike O'Malley on Welcome to the Family, and Jayma Mays on The Millers. O'Malley has confirmed that he will also be appearing on Glee in its fifth season, and Mays "has been cleared to appear in a few episodes" of the show. In a recent interview about her movie, The Smurfs 2, Mays confirmed this would be her last season with the show, and in the same interview the interviewer stated that Matthew Morrison would also be leaving the show. Recurring guest star Vanessa Lengies has been cast as a series regular on Mixology, but she has confirmed she is not leaving Glee. NeNe Leakes has also returned as a recurring guest, and Dot-Marie Jones has already filmed scenes for the season's third episode. Trisha Rae Stahl, who plays McKinley lunch lady (and Marley's mother) Millie Rose, will be returning as well. Chace Crawford will appear on Glee's 100th episode as a Yale student named Biff who will also be Quinn's new love interest.
Ryan Murphy has announced that Adam Lambert is set to join the cast during the fifth season; Chris Colfer later revealed that Lambert is to play the "nemesis" to Colfer's character, Kurt Hummel, who is a student at the New York Academy of Dramatic Arts (NYADA). It was initially reported that Demi Lovato was in negotiations to join the cast for a six-episode arc starting with the season's second episode as Dani, a friend of Santana (Naya Rivera) and Rachel (Michele) in New York, who also would interact and sing with Lambert's character; the show subsequently confirmed that Lovato would be joining the show. Lea Michele posted on Twitter on August 22, 2013, that her friend Phoebe Strole would be appearing on Glee during the season; her character, Penny Owen, will be a sophomore in college and a new love interest for Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet). Erinn Westbrook has been cast as a new recurring McKinley cheerleader, Bree, who is said to be a "mean girl".
To date, reports have appeared concerning seven new recurring characters being cast for Glee's fifth season: three females and four males. The females include Ruby, a new African-American student at McKinley High, and two women in their twenties, Ryan, who sings and plays the guitar, and a "cute and quirky" character variously named Julie and Jenny, who will first appear in the second episode. So far, three characters have appeared that fit these descriptions, albeit with different names: an African-American student at McKinley High named Bree (played by Westbrook), a guitar-playing woman named Dani (Lovato), and the new McKinley nurse, a college sophomore named Penny Owens (Strole). The four males include three men in their forties or fifties: the talented and egotistical Roderick Easton; an intelligent and good-looking teacher named Jim Elliott; and Jurgen, who speaks with an Austrian or German accent. The fourth, Henry, has just been reported by name. A character who fits the description of a man with a German or Austrian accent in his forties or fifties is Gunther (Christopher Curry), who runs the Spotlight Diner.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (February 6, 2014). "Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Glee, Once, Arrow, PLL, Revolution, Mentalist, NCIS, B99 and More". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Brown, Laurel (April 19, 2013). "'Glee' renewed for two seasons: FOX orders Season 5 and Season 6 early". Zap2it. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "GLEE TO PREMIERE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26".
- "FOX ANNOUNCES WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGES". Fox Flash. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Moore, Frazier (July 22, 2013). "Glee will air three episodes, including tribute to Cory Monteith, then go on hiatus". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (August 1, 2013). "Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, New Girl, Glee, Castle, Flash, NCIS: LA, Scandal, SVU and More". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 27, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory', 'The Michael J Fox Show' & 'The X Factor' Adjusted Up; 'The Crazy Ones' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 4, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Big Bang Theory', 'Grey's Anatomy' & 'The Originals' Adjusted Up; 'Parks And Recreation', 'Welcome to the Family', 'Sean Saves the World', 'Michael J. Fox Show', & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- Stack, Tim (September 4, 2013). "'Glee' scoop: Details on the Beatles tribute episode revealed!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (August 28, 2013). "Glee's Naya Rivera Confirms: Demi Lovato's Character Will Romance Santana in Season 5". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 11, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory', 'The X Factor' & 'Glee' Adjusted Up; 'The Vampire Diaries' & 'The Millers' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 8, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Elementary', 'Scandal', 'The Vampire Diaries', & 'The Big Bang Theory' Adjusted Up; 'The Voice', 'The Millers', 'Sean Saves the World', 'Parenthood', & 'The Michael J Fox Show' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 15, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' Adjusted Up; 'The X Factor', 'Parks and Recreation', 'The Millers', 'Sean Saves the World', 'Glee', 'The Michael J. Fox Show' & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 22, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Big Bang Theory' & 'Grey's Anatomy Adjusted Up; 'The X Factor', 'Reign' & 'Glee' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 3, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 6, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The X Factor' Adjusted Up; 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Millers', 'Grey's Anatomy' & Scandal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 26, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelor', 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up; 'Supernatural' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 5, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS' & 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Adjusted Up; 'About A Boy, 'The Goldbergs' & 'Growing Up Fisher' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "Listings – Glee on Fox". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Shows A-Z - glee on fox". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "Episodic photos". Fox Broadcasting Company. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- Barclay, Paris (January 27, 2014). "“@LouderLea: @Harparbar can you please please tell us who is directing Part 2?..." Brad Falchuk does the honor.". Twitter. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "Next shoot, in New York City". Facebook. February 15, 2014. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- "Sending our love, thoughts and prayers from Glee.". Facebook. March 01, 2014. Retrieved March 01, 2014.
- Dos Santos, Kristin (July 1, 2013). "Glee Scoop: Will Naya Rivera and Dot Marie Jones Return? The Latest on Who's In and Who's Out!". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- Malkin, Marc (July 25, 2013). "Cory Monteith Memorial: Lea Michele, Ryan Murphy Gather Glee Cast and Crew to Remember the Late Actor". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Glee Goes on Hiatus While Producers Rework Storyline Following the Death of Star Cory Monteith | Broadway Buzz". Broadway.com. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Falchuk, Brad (August 5, 2013). "Twitter / @BFalchuk: Day one season five. Something very big missing but everyone is happy to be together and back to work.". Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Harrison, Lily (August 1, 2013). "Lea Michele Tweets About First Day Back on Glee Set". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Overstreet, Chord (August 1, 2013). "Twitter / @chordoverstreet: First day back in the studio for season 5, w the awesome and talented @alxanders!". Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (July 20, 2013). "Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Opens Up About Cory Monteith's Death, Finn Tribute Episode, How Grieving Lea Michele Has 'Been a Rock'". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- Bentley, Jean (November 27, 2013). "Glee 100th episode remix contest: Vote for your favorite songs". Zap2it.com. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (February 24, 2014). "Glee's 100th Episode Song List Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Bradley Buecker (director), Brad Falchuk (writer) (September 26, 2013). "Love, Love, Love". Glee. Season 5. Episode 1. Fox.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 28, 2013). "UPDATED Glee Exclusive: 4 Original Cast Members are Returning as Series Regulars for Season 5; Plus — Who's Getting Promoted?". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- Brad Falchuk (director, writer), Ryan Murphy (writer), Ian Brennan (writer) (October 10, 2013). "The Quarterback". Glee. Season 5. Episode 3. Fox.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: ALL The Glee Originals received". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Amber is IN for episode 100!". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Mark is IN for the 100th! More". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Harry is IN! More to follow". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Heather is IN for Glee 100th!". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Dianna is IN for Glee 100th!". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Twitter / MrRPMurphy: Kristin Chenoweth is IN for". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Hypable / Dianna Agron, Kristin Chenoweth returning for ‘Glee’s’ 100th episode". Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "E!Online / Gwyneth Paltrow Joins Glee's Star-Studded 100th Episode—Will She Sing?". Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Bricker, Tierney; Dos Santos, Kristin (May 13, 2013). "Glee Season 5 Scoop: Jane Lynch Teases More Characters Moving to New York! Plus, Will Mike O'Malley Return?". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 29, 2013). "Glee's Jayma Mays Joins CBS' Will Arnett Comedy". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Neil Patrick Harris & Jayma Mays discuss the Smurfs 2 and 3D movies | Smurfs 2". YouTube. 2013-07-15. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Wetpaint Visitor (2013-06-12). "Glee's Vanessa Lengies Reveals She Isn't Leaving the Show! — Exclusive | Glee". Wetpaint. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Aguilera, Leanne (August 11, 2013). "Glee Scoop: NeNe Leakes Set To Return to McKinley in Season 5". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Jones, Dot-Marie (August 28, 2013). "@dotmariejones: FIRST DAY BACK ON GLEE TODAY EP #3 IT'S BEAUTIFUL, GOING TO BE A LONG DAY! LOVE YOU LIL PUNKINS!". Twitter. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Stahl, Trisha Rae (October 5, 2013). "@Trishy2pop: Mani/pedi time! About to do some work in the kitchen so I need shorter nails! #glee #marleyrose #millierose". Twitter. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- "E!Online / Glee Scoop! Chace Crawford Signs on for 100th Episode—Find Out Who He's Playing!". E!. January 10, 2014. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (July 10, 2013). "'Glee' Books 'Idol' Alum Adam Lambert for Season 5". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- Mariano, Maureen (August 7, 2013). "Adam Lambert to Play Chris Colfer’s Nemesis on Glee". RyanSeacrest.com. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (August 19, 2013). "Glee Exclusive: Demi Lovato Poised to Join Season 5 Cast for Major Arc as Rachel's [Spoiler]". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "It's official! @TheXFactorUSA's @ddlovato will be joining the cast of #glee for Season 5!". Twitter. August 22, 2013. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Michele, Lea (August 22, 2013). "Such amazing news that two of my very best friends are going to be on #Glee this year! @ddlovato & @PhoebeStrole!". Twitter. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- "Glee: Meet Sam's Season 5 Love Interest". Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (September 11, 2013). "Glee Season 5 Adds New 'Mean Girl' Cheerio". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved September 12, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (July 9, 2013). "Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, HIMYM, NCIS, Nashville, Castle, True Blood, Glee and More". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Bricker, Tierney; Dos Santos, Kristin (July 16, 2013). "Glee Season 5: 2 New Roles Being Cast in Wake of Cory Monteith’s Death". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- Ian Brennan (director, writer) (October 3, 2013). "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds". Glee. Season 5. Episode 2. Fox.
- Ausiello, Michael (July 30, 2013). "Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey's, Mentalist, Nashville, Castle, Good Wife, Homeland and More". TV Line. Mail.com Media. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- "Glee - Episode 5.01/5.02 - 4 New Recurring Characters". Spoiler TV. July 9, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.