Location of Gleed, Washington
|• Total||5.4 sq mi (13.9 km2)|
|• Land||5.4 sq mi (13.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,253 ft (382 m)|
|• Density||550.1/sq mi (212.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1512241|
Gleed is located at (46.655778, -120.603859).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.4 square miles (13.9 km²), all of it land.
Lower Naches Community Park, a 7.5 acre county park open daily 9:00 a.m. to dusk, has an open grass area for family picnicking and field sports. Children's play equipment is also available.
The Naches Valley School District has its primary school in Gleed.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,947 people, 1,098 households, and 847 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 550.1 people per square mile (212.3/km²). There were 1,137 housing units at an average density of 212.2/sq mi (81.9/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.55% White, 0.41% African American, 0.48% Native American, 0.20% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 5.06% from other races, and 2.21% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.35% of the population.
There were 1,098 households out of which 34.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.8% were married couples living together, 7.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the CDP the age distribution of the population shows 26.4% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 25.9% from 45 to 64, and 13.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 98.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $44,161, and the median income for a family was $48,950. Males had a median income of $33,511 versus $24,408 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,185. About 2.6% of families and 5.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.0% of those under age 18 and 5.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Yakima County Public Services
- Naches Valley School District looks for site for new elementary Yakima Herald-Republic Oct. 22, 2011
- Naches Valley School District
- Naches Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Gleed library closing -- They have been unable to find a place of their own Yakima Herald-Republic May 21, 1998
- Behind the barber pole in Gleed, Washington Yakima Herald-Republic July 16, 2010
- You Might Be From Gleed if