Glen Ridge, Florida
|Glen Ridge, Florida|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||1,222.9/sq mi (472.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0295317|
Glen Ridge is located at .(26.673493, -80.075913)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 276 people, 96 households, and 67 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,222.9 inhabitants per square mile (463.3/km²). There were 105 housing units at an average density of 465.2 per square mile (176.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 81.88% White (of which 71.4% were Non-Hispanic White,) 9.06% African American, 0.72% Native American, 0.36% Asian, and 7.97% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.87% of the population.
There were 96 households out of which 36.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 10.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.2% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.35.
In the town the population was spread out with 30.1% under the age of 18, 5.1% from 18 to 24, 29.3% from 25 to 44, 21.7% from 45 to 64, and 13.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 98.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $39,500, and the median income for a family was $51,563. Males had a median income of $24,643 versus $29,583 for females. The per capita income for the town was $21,871. About 3.1% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under the age of eighteen and 7.0% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Glen Ridge, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "MLA Data Center Results of Glen Ridge, FL". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- The page for Glen Ridge at the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau