Glendale Municipal Airport
|Glendale Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KGEU – FAA LID: GEU|
|Owner||City of Glendale|
|Elevation AMSL||1,071 ft / 326 m|
Glendale Municipal Airport (ICAO: KGEU, FAA LID: GEU) is a city owned, public use airport located six nautical miles (7 mi, 11 km) west of the central business district of Glendale, a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned GEU by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA The airport's ICAO identifier is KGEU.
Facilities and aircraft
Glendale Municipal Airport covers an area of 720 acres (291 ha) at an elevation of 1,071 feet (326 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 1/19 with an asphalt surface measuring 7,150 by 100 feet (2,179 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 136,289 aircraft operations, an average of 373 per day: 98% general aviation, 1.% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 220 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 11% ultralight, 8% multi-engine, 2% jet, and 1% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GEU ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Glendale Municipal Airport (ICAO: KGEU, FAA: GEU, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Glendale Municipal – GEU (KGEU)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- City of Glendale - Airport
- Glendale Municipal Airport (GEU) at Arizona DOT airport directory
- (PDF), effective December 11, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GEU, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: