Glenhuntly tram depot
|Glenhuntly tram depot|
Main entrance to the depot from Glenhuntly Road
|Location||893-901 Glen Huntly Rd, South Caulfield|
|Roads||12 (6 in sheds, 6 outside)|
|Rolling stock||13 W-class
|Routes||3/3a, 64, 67, 78/79|
The main yard has 12 roads, 6 of these inside a maintenance shed. A single, double-track entrance exists, one for trams entering the depot and the other for trams leaving the depot.
Glenhuntly Depot is home to some of the oldest trams operating in Melbourne. The fleet includes 13 W-class trams, 9 Z1-class trams, 2 Z2-class trams, 27 Z3-class, 2 A1-class trams, and 6 B2-class trams, a total of 59. Routine servicing of Z3-Class trams is performed at Southbank depot.
Glenhuntly tram drivers are currently being focussed on by senior management within KDR Victoria (the company managing the Yarra Trams franchise for the Victorian State Government) by ensuring Driver Team Managers within the depot begin weeding out unprofessional behaviour such as “go-slow” activity. This began many years ago when unionised drivers there disputed their running times, arguing that the times they had been given were insufficient to allow them to run services on-time. As a result, there is now a deeply entrenched culture within this depot of “dragging the road”, as a form of payback. Management has now decided to eradicate this culture by moving these drivers “up or out” of the organisation, at the direct request of the Minister.
- Route 3 – Melbourne University to East Malvern (workdays)
- Route 3a – Melbourne University to East Malvern via St Kilda (weekends and public holidays)
- Route 64 – Melbourne University to East Brighton
- Route 67 – Melbourne University to Carnegie
- Route 78 – North Richmond to Prahran (before 7pm)
- Route 79 – North Richmond to St Kilda Beach (after 7pm)
- "Glenhuntly Depot". VICSIG. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Facts & Figures". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Route 3/3a". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Route 64". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Route 67". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Route 78/79". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Yarra Trams website