Glenn Hall (rugby league)
|Hall with the Manly Sea Eagles in 2008|
|Full name||Glenn Hall|
21 March 1981 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||103 kg (16 st 3 lb)|
|As of 15 October 2011|
|Source: RLP, Cowboys|
Glenn Hall (born 21 March 1981 in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian professional rugby league player. He plays for the North Queensland Cowboys in the National Rugby League (NRL). He previously played for a number of clubs, including the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, where he was part of the team that won the 2008 NRL premiership and the 2009 World Club Challenge. He plays as a forward.
Hall joined Manly in 2007. Despite being a regular member of the first-grade squad, he injured his shoulder late in the regular season, and missed Manly's finals campaign, including the grand final defeat to the Melbourne Storm. However, the following season, Manly won the grand final (against the Storm), with Hall starting in the second row. He was also a member of the Manly team that won the 2009 World Club Challenge against the Leeds Rhinos.
Hall moved to England to join the Bradford Bulls for the 2010 Super League season. He left the club by mutual consent after a season in which he found himself dropped to the Bulls' reserve team.
In January 2011, Hall signed a two year contract to play for the North Queensland Cowboys. In 2011 Hall played 23 games for the club and was a member of the teams finals match against the Manly Sea Eagles, he started the game in the second-row. In 2011 Hall was named in the Cowboys leadership group and was also one of their vice-captains. Hall started 16 games and came off the bench in 7. He averaged 24 tackles and 70 metres a game.
In 2012 Hall announced he had re-signed with the club until the end of the 2013 season, giving him a chance to play his 150th NRL game. Hall was part of the Cowboys leadership group in his time at the club. Hall played the majority of season 2012 through injury and illness.In August 2013 Glenn Hall signed a contract to keep him at the club until the end of the 2014 season
- "Player profile: Glenn Hall". www.cowboys.com.au. Archived from the original on 14 October 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Starkey, Matt (1 July 2003). "Hall signs with Rabbitohs for two years". League Unlimited. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Balym, Todd (25 September 2007). "Hall unlucky to miss grand final". Fox Sports (Australia). Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Mitchell, Matt (5 October 2008). "Manly Sea Eagles - 2008 Centenary Premiers". League Unlimited. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Bulls sign Hall from Sea Eagles". BBC Sport. 2 June 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Hall heading to Bradford". Sky Sports. 2 June 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Glenn Hall quits Bradford Bulls just one year into three-season deal at Odsal". Daily Mail. 7 January 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Glenn Hall signs on with Cowboys". brisbanetimes.com.au. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.