||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Born||April 12, 1945 age 67
|Show||World of Radio|
|Website||Glenn Hauser's World of Radio|
Glenn Hauser (born April 12, 1945 in Berkeley, California) is an internationally-known DXer and radio host from Enid, Oklahoma, United States. He produces and narrates the weekly 30-minute radio show World Of Radio, heard on various non-commercial AM and FM radio stations throughout the U.S., plus worldwide on shortwave radio.
Glenn Hauser began his broadcasting career on Radio Canada International in the late 1970s giving DX tips on Sunday nights. Hauser's DX tips also appeared on the Radio Nederland DX Juke Box program. Hauser also wrote for Popular Electronics and Modern Electronics, and published the Review of International Broadcasting.
World of Radio
World Of Radio debuted in 1980 on WUOT-FM in Knoxville, Tennessee and went to shortwave two years later. The program consists of Hauser reading news headlines about happenings in radio around the world, in a characteristic monotone voice. The program primarily focuses on shortwave radio, but also includes coverage of all aspects of the broadcast spectrum. Most items are contributed by listeners to the program or by various DX publications.
Review of International Broadcasting
Glenn Hauser established the Review of International Broadcasting in February 1977. The magazine had 154 issues featuring columns such as "Listener Insights on Programming," "Radio Equipment Forum," "DX Listening Digest," "The Media Mind," and "Satellite Watch." Contributors included David Newkirk, Loren Cox, and Juan Carlos Codina. The magazine also integrated columns from the BBC, John Norfolk, and Alan Roe. The magazine was issued monthly in the 1970s and 1980s, later decreasing to four times and then two times a year before ceasing publication in October 1997. The DX Listening digest went online starting in 1999.
- Berg, Jerome S. (2008-10). Listening on the short waves, 1945 to today. McFarland. pp. 222–. ISBN 978-0-7864-3996-6. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- Bennett, Hank; Hardy, David T.; Yoder, Andrew R. (1993-09). The complete shortwave listener's handbook. TAB Books. p. 203. ISBN 978-0-8306-4347-9. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- League, American Radio Relay (1997-08). The ARRL operating manual. American Radio Relay League. pp. 1â13. ISBN 978-0-87259-614-6. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- Harvey, Sheldon, "Glenn Hauser interview", CIDX Special Feature #5, Summer 1999
- Mundo Radial
- Berg, Jerome S., "Review of International Broadcasting (1977–1997)", 'Listening on the short waves, 1945 to today, pg 221–223
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|