Glenn Miller Plays Selections From the Film ''The Glenn Miller Story''
|Glenn Miller Plays Selections From the Film "The Glenn Miller Story"|
|Compilation album by Glenn Miller|
|Genre||Big Band, Jazz|
|Label||RCA Victor (Bluebird)|
|Glenn Miller chronology|
Glenn Miller Plays Selections From the Film "The Glenn Miller Story" is a 1954 compilation album by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra. The collection contained songs featured in the 1954 Universal-International film The Glenn Miller Story starring James Stewart and June Allyson.
The 1954 10" album Glenn Miller Plays Selections from the film "The Glenn Miller Story" was number one for 11 weeks on the Billboard albums chart in 1954, released as RCA Victor LPT 3057, a 33 and a third RPM vinyl LP album. This collection featured the original RCA Victor recordings and broadcasts by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra.
The contents of the album were:
- "Moonlight Serenade" - (Glenn Miller)
- "American Patrol" - (Frank White Meacham, Arranged by Jerry Gray)
- "Pennsylvania 6-5000" - (Carl Sigman, Jerry Gray)
- "In the Mood" - (Joe Garland)
- "Tuxedo Junction" - (Erskine Hawkins, Bill Johnson, Julian Dash)
- "St. Louis Blues" - (W.C. Handy)
- "String of Pearls" - (Eddie DeLange, Jerry Gray)
- "Little Brown Jug" - (Traditional, Arranged by Billy Finegan)
- Track A1: Recorded April 4, 1939
- Track A2: From Broadcast April 23, 1942
- Track A3: Recorded April 28, 1940
- Track A4: Recorded August 1, 1939
- Track B1 & B2: Recorded February 5, 1940
- Track B3: From Broadcast May 5, 1942
- Track B4: From Broadcast June 2, 1940
- Simon, George Thomas (1980). Glenn Miller and His Orchestra. New York: Da Capo paperback. ISBN 0-306-80129-9.
- Simon, George Thomas (1971). Simon Says. New York: Galahad. ISBN 0-88365-001-0.
- Schuller, Gunther (1991). The Swing Era:the Development of Jazz, Volume 2. 1930–1945. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-507140-9.