|Industry||Full-lifecycle product development services|
|Headquarters||McLean, Virginia and San Jose, California|
|Key people||Peter Harrison (Vice Chairman), Shashank Samant (President & CEO), Wayne Grubbs (CFO), Jim Walsh (CTO)|
|Revenue||US $ 140 million|
GlobalLogic is an offshore software R&D services company that was founded in 2000 by Rajul Garg, Sanjay Singh, Manoj Agarwala and Tarun Upadhyay and has headquarters in McLean, Virginia and San Jose, California. It is a privately held company funded by New Enterprise Associates, Sequoia Capital, Westbridge Capital, Goldman Sachs, and New Atlantic Ventures. GlobalLogic provides full-lifecycle product development services, including software product design, product development, quality assurance, product support and consulting services. The company specializes in telecommunications, wireless products and mobile devices, machine-to-machine, cloud computing, medical devices, digital media, commerce and business technology. Some companies use GlobalLogic to outsource the production of their own primary products.
GlobalLogic was initially founded as 'Induslogic' in 2000, with headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, a delivery center in Noida, India, and funding from New Atlantic Ventures. In 2002 they appointed Mr. Peter Harrison as CEO. Mr. Harrison was instrumental in setting the company on a new path to become a provider of Outsourced Product Engineering services. In 2004 Vasudev Bhandarkar joined Globallogic as its first Independent Board Member.
GlobalLogic received Series B Venture round funding of $12.5M from Westbridge Capital and New Enterprise Associates in 2006 and acquired Lambent Technologies, a offshore software R&D services firm based in Nagpur, India led by Mr. Shashikant Chaudhary who is currently Managing Director of Globallogic's India operations. Lambent Technologies eventually became Globallogic's Center of Excellence for Mobile Products. Induslogic became GlobalLogic after its merger with Bonus Technology, an offshore software R&D services firm based in New Jersey with operations out of Kyiv, Ukraine and specializing in mobile and telecommunication technologies. In 2007, GlobalLogic opened delivery centers in Beijing. In 2007, Globallogic appointed Mr. Shashank Samant as President of the company.
In 2008, GlobalLogic opened in London, England and named Mike Daniels as Chairman of the Board. The company received $29.5M in Series C venture round funding from Sequoia Capital, New Atlantic Ventures and New Enterprise Associates. In 2009, GlobalLogic partnered with LumenData, a product development and services firm focused on enterprise data management, to open a delivery center in Bangalore. The company also acquired two offshore software R&D services firms: InterObject and Cubika. InterObject is based in Ramat Gan, Israel and specializes in embedded software, mobile and streaming media products. In 2010, GlobalLogic received funding from Goldman Sachs.
In 2011, GlobalLogic opened an office in Santiago, Chile to expand its operations in South America. The company acquired Rofous Software, a content engineering firm headquartered in Hyderabad, India. In 2012 the company appointed Mr. Shashank Samant as its CEO. The company also acquired Method Incorporated, a brand experience agency with offices in San Francisco, New York City and London.
In October 2013, ODSA Topco Limited ("ODSA"), a company backed by Funds advised by Apax Partners ("Apax"), a global private equity firm, announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for ODSA to acquire GlobalLogic.
- GlobalLogic plans to invest $40m
- "GlobalLogic Leadership".
- Rash, Wayne (September 22, 2006.) "Indus Logic and Bonus Technology Merge." eWeek. Accessed October 2011.
- (April 16, 2010.) "Goldman Sachs asset management invests in GlobalLogic." Thomson Reuters. Accessed October 2011.
- Induslogic closes series B funding of $12.5 million | TechJournal South
- GlobalLogic Expands Global Product Development Service to China - Selected News | New Atlantic Ventures
- GlobalLogic Names Mike Daniels Chairman of the Board | ExecutiveBiz
- GlobalLogic closes Series C round for $29.5 Mn - The SmartTechie
- IT News Online > India - General - LumenData Teams with GlobalLogic for Product Dvlpmt & Implementation
- GlobalLogic Enters Israeli Software Product Development Market with Acquisition of InterObject | ITOnews.eu
- Sequoia India-backed GlobalLogic Acquires Rofous Software | VCCircle
- Method bought by software R&D group Global Logic | News | Design Week
- Singh, Harsimran (November 11, 2008.) "GlobalLogic lays off 125 on ‘poor grading’." The Economic Times. Accessed October 2011.
- (February 22, 2010.) "GlobalLogic and Cubika to create near-shore R&D hub." The Indian Express. Accessed October 2011.