|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Type||Health & Development; Secular 501c3|
|Area served||Honduras, Panama, Ghana, and Nicaragua|
Global Brigades (GB) is a student-led, nonprofit health and sustainable development organization with varied membership that spans North American and European universities. Participating student and professional volunteers empower communities in developing countries with sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and environment, while respecting local culture.
According to the organization, 6,100 volunteers from over 70 university clubs have traveled to provide health and economic development solutions to more than 350,000 beneficiaries. The organization has concentrated its efforts largely within Honduras, Panama, and Ghana. Various projects, listed below, are designed to suit the broad range of needs in those developing nations.
- Architecture Brigades (Honduras)
- Business Brigades (Panama)
- Dental Brigades (Honduras, Panama, Ghana)
- Environmental Brigades (Panama)
- Law Brigades (Panama)
- Medical Brigades (Honduras, Panama, Ghana, Nicaragua)
- Microfinance Brigades (Honduras, Ghana)
- Public Health Brigades (Honduras, Nicaragua)
- Water Brigades (Honduras, Ghana)