Global Broadcast Service
The Global Broadcast Service (GBS) is a combined United States space and Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence (C3I) system, that provides a one-way Wideband/high-Throughput of information to forces garrisoned, deployed, or on the move. An advancement in satellite communications, GBS fills the two key Military communications requirements: 1) high data rates to many users at once; and 2) high data rates to very small, low-cost user receive-only terminals. GBS consists of Transmit Sites (TS), Broadcast satellite payloads, and receive suites (RS).
- Wideband Global SATCOM system
- communications protection
- electronic warfare
- radio reconnaissance
- This article incorporates text in the public domain from the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Raytheon Company: Products & Services: Global Broadcast Service
- Federation of American Scientists - Global Broadcast Service
- GlobalSecurity.org GBS Phase II (U)
- GBS Community of Practice (CoP) Website. Information site for GBS Operators (Requires a CAC)
|This United States military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|