Global Franchise Group
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2010)|
Global Franchise Group is a brand acquisition and management firm headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, United States. It specializes in the retail franchising, consumer branded products, and quick service restaurant franchising industries. It was founded in 2010 with the acquisition of NexCen Brands' properties. It is owned by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
Global Franchise Group's brands operate over 1,120 franchised stores in over 40 countries.
NexCen Brands began its brand acquisition and management strategy in June 2006, when it acquired UCC Capital Corporation. UCC Capital was a provider of financing and strategic advisory service to companies with core assets in Intellectual Property, and its acquisition provided NexCen with a management team. UCC Capital also provided NexCen with significant contacts and networks.
- November 2006: Acquired The Athlete's Foot, a franchised athletic footwear and apparel retail brand.
- February 2007: Acquired:
- May 2007: Acquired Waverly (founded in 1923), a fashion and lifestyle brand in the home category. Its brand family include Waverly, Waverly Home, Waverly Home Classics, Waverly Baby, and Waverly Sun N Shade.
- August 2007: Pretzel Time and Pretzelmaker, two franchised brands in the hand rolled pretzel category, acquired from Mrs. Fields.
- November 2007: Acquired Shoebox New York, a multi-brand retailer for footwear, handbags and accessories.
- January 2008: Acquired Great American Cookies from Mrs. Fields.
- September 2008: Waverly sold to Iconix Brand Group
- December 2008: Bill Blass sold to Peacock International Holdings
- July 2010: NexCen properties sold to Global Franchise Group
- July 2012: Global Franchise Group sold The Athlete's Foot to Intersport, LLC
- "NexCen Brands Is Still Hungry", Restaurants & Institutions, August 15, 2007