|Headquarters||Lexington, Massachusetts, United States|
|Employees||Over 700 in more than 14 countries|
Global Insight is an economics organization, serving over 3,800 clients in industry, finance and government, with revenues of over $95 million (in 2006) and employing more than 600 staff in 23 offices in 13 countries. It is a division of IHS.
Global Insight provides comprehensive economic and financial information on countries, regions and industries, using a unique combination of expertise, macroeconomic models, data and software within a common analytical framework to support planning and decision-making. The company also provides consulting and advisory services, for industries, such as automotive, energy, health, construction or consumer goods.
Global Insight was formed in March 2001 from the merger of WEFA (formerly Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates) and DRI (formerly Data Resources Inc), together with Primark Decision Economics (later called Decision Economics, Inc.), Primark Poland (later GlobalInTech, sp. z o.o.) and the French company DAFSA; it estimated 2008 revenues at $120 million. It since acquired several other companies, including PlanEcon, CIEMEX, Reebie Associates, and London-based World Markets Research Centre. On November 2, 2007, Global Insight acquired SupplierBusiness.
On September 12, 2007, Wal-Mart introduced new advertising with the slogan, "Save Money Live Better", replacing its slogan of 19 years, "Always low prices". It commissioned Global Insight for the ads and the report stated that as of 2006, the retailer saves American families $2,500 yearly (up 7.3% from $2,329, 2004). The new research found that the reduction in price levels due to Wal-Mart resulted to savings for consumers of $287 billion in 2006, which is $957 per person or $2,500 per household.
Ownership and management
- Global Insight Acquires SupplierBusiness Limited, 7 November 2007
- "Investing/Companies (Company Insight Center beta)—Company Lookup—Private Company Information—Miscellaneous Financial Services: Decision Economics, Inc.". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
Decision Economics, formerly known as Primark Decision Economics (...).
- "History of IHS Global Insight". IHS Global Insight. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
(...) GlobalInTech (formerly Primark Poland) (...)
- "GlobalInTech. Sp. z o.o. Oprogramowanie sieciowe i obsługa baz danych" (in Polish). Polskie Książki Telefoniczne. Retrieved 2008-06-07. The company's website, here as http://www.globalintech.pl, is dead (as of 2008-06-07).
- Denver Business Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/09/15/daily39.html
- Wal-Mart rolling out new company slogan
- "Global Insight bought in deal worth $200m". J.Y. Design Blog. 19 September 2008. Archived from the original on 18 October 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Global Insight bought in deal worth $200m: Waltham research firm now under IHS umbrella with Cambridge Energy". Boston Globe. 19 September 2008.