Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is an international competition series established in 1998 which recognizes excellence among student entrepreneurs who own for-profit businesses while attending high-school or college.
The GSEA program is an Entrepreneurs' Organization program, in partnership with Mercedes-Benz Financial. The GSEA program was originally founded by the John Cook School of Business at Saint Louis University and was taken over by Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) in 2006. EO is a non-profit global network of more than 10,000 business owners in 48 countries. The average EO member sales is $52.3 million per year.
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards welcomes anyone who qualifies as the following:
Here are the criteria for the 2010 Global Student Entrepreneur Awards:
- The student must be an undergraduate student at a recognized university or college for the 2009/2010 academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation.
- The student’s company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months, and the business must be a for-profit business.
- The student must have not been the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards winner in the past and/or were not one of the final round competitors at the Globa Finals for the 2009 Global Student Entrepreneur Awards competition.
1) Nominate a student entrepreneur. (self nomination is accepted)
2) Nominee receives a personal online application link via e-mail.
3) Nominee submits the online application.
4) Application is reviewed by a panel of Entrepreneurs' Organization Members.
5) Successful applicant is scheduled to compete in a live or virtual competition.
GSEA has strategic alliances with the following organizations:
- Mercedes Benz Financial
- EO Accelerator program
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- NYSE Foundation
- Acton Foundation
- Ernst and Young
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
- Young Presidents' Organization
- Bernhard, Jr., Kent (21 Nov 2011), "No Water Added", Portfolio.com, retrieved 21 Dec 2011
- staff (20 Nov 2009), Barbara Pruitt, ed., Canadian Student and Music Megabusiness Owner Crowned Champion 2009 Global Student Entrepreneur (press release), Kauffman Foundation, retrieved 21 Dec 2011