|Type||Daily Business Newspaper|
|Owner||Fishman Group (57.10%)
Haim Bar-On (42.90%)
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
Globes (Hebrew: גלובס) is a Hebrew language daily evening financial newspaper, published in Israel. It deals with economic issues and news from the Israeli and international business worlds, and is the oldest financial newspaper in Israel. The color of the paper is pink, inspired by the British Financial Times.
According to TGI 2009 media survey Globes' market share rose 15% over the year to 4.4%. Its main competitors in printed media are TheMarker of Haaretz group and Calcalist published by Yedioth Ahronoth Group. Since 1997 Globes has an online version.
The daily paper founded by Haim Bar-On, the publisher of the newspaper, on the basis of a small, Haifa-based financial newspaper, in partnership with businessman Eliezer Fishman. Fishman in recent years also bought a stake in Yediot Ahronot.
Following the success of Globes, it had a competitor in the form of Telegraph, which had a lower subscription price and was also printed on Saturday. Telegraph was closed after several years. A few years later, the Schocken Media Network published TheMarker economic newspaper as a competitor to Globes.
The Chief editor of Globes is Haggai Golan (Golan was preceded by Matti Golan and Adam Baruch). Among the regular contributors to the newspaper are Yoav Karni, Eli Tsipori, Matti Golan, Stella Korin-Lieber, Joshua Simon and Dror Foer.
Globes sections and inserts
Globes is distributed each night Sunday through Thursday, with three major supplements:
- Titles – the main news part
- Capital markets – stock exchange supplement
- Globes tonight – a magazine-like supplement
Among the supplements/ inserts:
- G – The main weekend insert.
- Nadlan – The weekly real estate insert (Sundays).
- Lady Globes – A monthly magazine insert devoted to women also sold separately on newsstands.
- Firma – A monthly magazine insert, established in 1996, which covers the fields of Advertising, Communication and Marketing in the Middle East as well as the world economy, and financial issues concerning Israel. Firma's production manager is Ms. Galia Spring-Betser.
- Mantalk – Globes monthly magazine for men
The publishing house is located in Rishon Lezion.
Since 1997, the paper also runs a news site. Globes was one of the first Israeli dailies to publish its contents on the World Wide Web. Globes has several serious competitors, including the Web site of TheMarker and the financial economy website BizPortal. In the first decade of its operations Globes sold its contents through selling access to its archive or through a paid subscription, but recently the strategy was modified and the information is open to the general public. In the late 1990s Globes established a research department, a financial portal and a real estate portal, which centralize and concentrate professional information centers and a series of paid services. The research department was established by Shavit Raz, the real estate portal was established by the journalists and editors Moshe Lichtman and Noaa Wasserman-Amir, whereas the financial portal was coordinated by the executive in charge of capital markets: Ziv Segal.
- Li-Or Averbuch (27 January 10). "TGI survey shows "Globes" only paper to grow". Globes. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
|This Israel-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|