From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Glossa may refer to several things:
|Look up γλῶσσα in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- glossa (γλῶσσα), a Greek word meaning "tongue" or "language", used in several English words including gloss, glossary, glossitis, and others
- glossa (music), a Spanish musical form, cultivated by Eduard Toldrà and others
- Glossa Music, a Spanish music label
- Glossa Ordinaria, a medieval scholarly Bible in which the text is surrounded by learned commentary
- Glossai Greek plural (Γλῶσσαι), a glossary by Hesychius of Alexandria Glossae sacrae, Latin plural "holy tongues", a book which is an interpolation to Hesychius' work of a later date than his own
- Possible misspelling of Glosa (a constructed language)
Places in Greece
- Glossa, Skopelos, a village in the island of Skopelos in the Northern Sporades
- Glossa, Chania, a village in the Chania (regional unit)
- Glossa, Elis, a cape in the Elis (regional unit)
- Glossa, Syros, a cape in the Syros island of the Cyclades
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.