Gloucester City Junior-Senior High School
|Gloucester City Junior-Senior High School|
|1300 Market Street
Gloucester City, NJ 08030-1632
|Type||public high school|
|Assistant principals||Christine Trampe (High School)
Pat Gisdmonde (Junior High)
|Faculty||84.9 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||7 - 12|
|Enrollment||824 (as of 2010-11)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.71:1|
|Athletics conference||Tri-County Conference|
Gloucester City Junior-Senior High School is a comprehensive six-year community public high school that is based in Gloucester City, New Jersey, United States. It serves students from seventh through twelfth grade, as part of the Gloucester City Public Schools, an Abbott district.
As of the 2010-11 school year, the school had an enrollment of 824 students and 84.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.71:1. There were 367 students (44.5% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 99 (12.0% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 179th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 328 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2012 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 194th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 190th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 247th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state.
Gloucester High School is one of nineteen member schools in the Tri-County Conference, which operates under the supervision of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA).
Recent girls' championships
2009 Softball Tri-County, South Jersey and Group I State Champs 2009 Basketball Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
2007 Softball Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
2005 Softball Group I State Champs
2004 Field Hockey Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
2004 Cross Country Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
2003 Cross Country Tri-County and Group I State Champs
2003 Field Hockey Tri-County Champs
2001 Cross Country S.J. Group I Champs
2001 Softball Group I State Champs
2001 Field Hockey Tri-County Champs
2000 Softball Tri-County and Group I State Champs
2000 Field Hockey Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
1999 Softball Tri-County Champs
1999 Field Hockey Tri-County and S.J. Group I Champs
1999 Cross Country S.J. Group I Champs
Recent boys' championships
2012 Football Tri-County Champs
2004 Baseball Tri-County Champs
2002 Football Tri-County Champs
2001 Bowling Olympic Conference National Division Champs
2000 Bowling Olympic Conference Champs
1999 Baseball Tri-County Champs
1998 Baseball Tri-County Champs
1998 Basketball Tri-County Champs
1998 Football Tri-County Champs
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Executive Team
- Dr Jack Don - Principal
- Christine Trampe - Assistant Principal, High School
- Dr Pat Gismonde - Assistant Principal, Junior High
- Data for Gloucester City Jr Sr H, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 8, 2012.
- What are SDA Districts?, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed August 14, 2012. "SDA Districts are 31 special-needs school districts throughout New Jersey. They were formerly known as Abbott Districts, based on the Abbott v. Burke case in which the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled that the State must provide 100 percent funding for all school renovation and construction projects in special-needs school districts.... The districts were renamed after the elimination of the Abbott designation through passage of the state’s new School Funding Formula in January 2008."
- SDA Districts, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- Graham, Kristen A. "BROOKLAWN CONSIDERS FINDING NEW DISTRICT FOR HIGH SCHOOL PUPILS", The Philadelphia Inquirer, March 16, 2001. Accessed June 19, 2008. "The tiny Brooklawn system, comprising just over 300 students and one school, sends about 80 ninth through 12th graders to the neighboring Gloucester City district, which has more than 2,000 students and four schools."
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed September 11, 2012.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed August 19, 2008.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 11, 2012.
- Gloucester City HS Sports Page. Accessed August 28, 2007.
- Staff Directory. Retrieved on 2009-10-03 from http://www.gcsd.k12.nj.us/ghs/directory.htm.
- Gloucester City Junior-Senior High School
- Gloucester City Public Schools
- Gloucester City Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Gloucester City Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
- South Jersey Sports: Gloucester HS