Gloucester Township Public Schools
|Gloucester Township Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Thomas D. Seddon|
|Business Administrator:||John Bilodeau|
|Address:||17 Erial Road
Blackwood, NJ 08012
|Enrollment:||7,519 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||576.5|
|District Factor Group:||DE|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,070||9||1,462||-26.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||54,800||44||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 751+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Gloucester Township Public Schools is a community public school district serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade from Gloucester Township, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. The district has an enrollment of over 7,500 students, and operates eight K-5 elementary schools and three grade 6-8 middle schools, including the new Ann A. Mullen Middle School.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For grades 9 through 12, public school students attend one of the three high schools that are part of the Black Horse Pike Regional School District based on their residence: Highland Regional High School, Timber Creek Regional High School and Triton Regional High School. Students from the other two communities in the district – Bellmawr and Runnemede – all attend Triton High School.
- Elementary Schools
- Blackwood Elementary School (709 students)
- Chews Elementary School (811)
- Erial Elementary School (872)
- Glendora Elementary School (287)
- Gloucester Township Elementary School (287)
- James W. Lilley Elementary (645)
- Loring-Flemming Elementary (700)
- Union Valley Elementary School (616)
- Middle Schools
- Glen Landing Middle School (872)
- Charles W. Lewis Middle School (641)
- Ann A. Mullen Middle School (1,163)
Core members of the district's administration are:
- District information for the Gloucester Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 18, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Triton Regional High School 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 18, 2011. "Triton Regional High School continues to provide quality academic, athletic, and co-curricular programs for our diverse student body. Triton houses over 1600 students residing in Runnemede, Bellmawr, and Gloucester Township."
- Data for the Gloucester Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 18, 2011.
- Camden County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- A Message from Your Superintendent, Gloucester Township Public Schools. Accessed April 18, 2011.
- Business Office , Gloucester Township Public Schools. Accessed April 18, 2011.
- Gloucester Township Public Schools
- Gloucester Township Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Gloucester Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
- Black Horse Pike Regional School District