Gloucester Valley Battle Monument
|Gloucester Valley Battle Monument|
|Hangul||파주 영국군 설마리전투비|
|Hanja||坡州 英國軍 雪馬里戰鬪碑|
|Revised Romanization||Paju Yeonggukgun Seolmari Jeontubi|
|McCune–Reischauer||P’achu Yŏngkukkun Sŏlmari Chŏnt'upi|
The Gloucester Valley Battle Monument (Korean: 파주 영국군 설마리전투비, literally "Seolma-ri Battle Monument of British Forces in Paju ")  is a memorial in South Korea that commemorates the actions of the Gloucestershire Regiment during the Battle of the Imjin River in 1951.
Hill 235, where the 1st Battalion, the Gloucestershire Regiment (the Glorious Glosters) was ordered to "Hold on where you are", is remembered as "Gloster Hill". The hill is south of the Imjin River and west of the Seolmacheon stream at in Jeokseong-myeon, Paju City, Gyeonggi-do Province, South Korea.
The memorial stands at the foot of Gloster Hill (Coordinates: 37°56'33.78"N, 126°56'21.00"E), beside the Seolmacheon stream, and the British Embassy in Seoul organises services for veterans on every anniversary of the battle. Information on and artifacts from the battle are held by The Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum.
- British Commonwealth Forces Korea
- Philip Curtis (VC), British officer killed in the Battle of the Imjin River.
- Anthony Farrar-Hockley, a British full-ranking general and a veteran of the same Battle.
- Korean War Memorial, London
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gloucester Valley Battle Monument.|
- "Registered Cultural Heritage 407, British Army's Seolmari Battle Monument in Paju". Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- 등록문화재 제407호, 파주 영국군 설마리전투비. 문화재청 (in Korean). Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- The Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum
- (Korean) 영국군 전적비 (Gloucester Valley Battle Monument), Gyeonggi Tourism Organization
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|