23 October 1926 |
In the 1970s he played Lord Peter Wimsey's valet Bunter opposite Ian Carmichael in the teleplays of several of Dorothy Sayers tales. His performance was praised in the New York Times. In his critique of the 1980s BBC1 dramatization of the Harriet Vane stories, reviewer Marvin Kitman mistakenly wrote that Houston was miscast in the role of Bunter. In fact, actor Richard Morant portrayed the character in that series.
Houston was married to the actress and model Shirley Lawrence and had two children. In May 2000 he unveiled a Mining Memorial in his native Rhondda at the Rhondda Heritage Park. He led the tributes to the thousands of miners who died and suffered during 150 years of mining in the South Wales coalfield.
- BFI | Film & TV Database - Houston, Glyn
- WalesOnline - Lifestyle - Actor Glyn Houston opens up in new autobiography
- WalesOnline - News - South Wales Valleys - Actor Glyn Houston’s autobiography
- WalesOnline - News - South Wales Valleys - Glyn Houston's book date
- TV View: Sidekicks - Dimmer Than the Stars, Yet...
- THE MARVIN KITMAN SHOW: Lord Wimpy's Dilettante Detectiving
- BBC - Doctor Who Classic Series Episode Guide - The Hand of Fear
- BBC - Doctor Who Classic Series Episode Guide - The Awakening
- WalesOnline - What's On - Actor Glyn Houston’s one regret
- BBC News | Wales | Memorial marks mining tragedies
- The Pittsburgh Press: 19 November 1953 - Google News Archive Search