Newtown, New South Wales
|Founders||Nic Lowe and Bruce Jeffreys and 10 other members|
|Area served||Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide|
|Key people||Nic Lowe and Bruce Jeffreys|
|Owners||CarShare Australia, Archer Capital|
GoGet CarShare is a car sharing service operating in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide, and the first such program in Australia. GoGet was launched as Newtown CarShare on 6 June 2003 with three vehicles and twelve founding members. Following interest from the City of Darebin, the service was extended to Melbourne under the name "GoGet" in November 2004. With the growth of the service to other areas in Sydney, Newtown CarShare was renamed GoGet in May 2005.
GoGet members choose a rate plan and pay an annual fee. Fees cover fuel, insurance, maintenance, and cleaning. The vehicles are mostly late-model hatchbacks, but also include vans, utes and station wagons. Each vehicle has a home location, referred to as a "pod", either in a parking lot or on a street, typically in a highly populated urban neighborhood. Members reserve a car by web or telephone and use a key card to access the vehicle.
GoGet is an invented word which reflects the utility you get from using, rather than owning, a car. As in 'Go get the shopping, go get the kids.'
In June 2014, GoGet had over 1300 vehicles Australia-wide.
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Plug-in Prius
- Toyota Tarago people mover
- Hyundai iMax people mover
- Toyota HiLux ute
- Toyota Hiace van
- Hyundai i30
- Hyundai i30 wagon (some baby friendly)
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Audi A1
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Scott, Rebecca (6 April 2005). "Councils thinking small". The Age (Melbourne). Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "GREEN LIGHT FOR $6 CAR HIRE IN CITY". Messenger - The City. 29 March 2006. "GoGet provides cars for hire to people for between $4 and $6 an hour, ... People sign up to become GoGet members and pay a monthly fee of between $15 and ..."
- "Carsharing Revs Up". The Sydney Morning Herald. 16 Nov 2004.
- Caitlin Fitzsimmons and Su-Lin Tan: Property Developers ride the car sharing trend with GoGet Partnership in BRW 27 May 2014
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|