Go Go Gophers
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2009)|
|Go Go Gophers|
|Voices of||George S. Irving
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||30 minutes|
Go Go Gophers is a western/comedy animated series that originally appeared on the Underdog series from 1966 to 1968 before being briefly spun off as a separate series on CBS in 1968 and 1969. The show was produced by Total Television.
The series is set in the late nineteenth century in the American west. There the coyote leaders of a local United States Army fort, one Colonel Kit Coyote (voiced by Kenny Delmar impersonating Theodore Roosevelt) and his right-hand man Sergeant Okey Homa (voiced by Sandy Becker impersonating John Wayne) who is rarely called by his name. They make attempts to secure the town of Gopher Gulch by wiping out the last two surviving Gopher Indians (depicted as anthropomorphic gophers): Running Board (voiced by George S. Irving) and Ruffled Feathers (also voiced by Sandy Becker). However, the Gophers prove to be very clever and always manage to foil the plans of Colonel Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa.
Usually, Ruffled Feathers would be the Gopher who would devise the plan to waylay the U.S. Army. The plan was communicated to Running Board in supposed Indian language. Running Board would smile and get excited as the plan was revealed to him and utter one of two catch-phrases: "Whoopee Doopee! We have fun!!" or "Whoopee Doopee! You-um genius!!". The uttering of the catch-phrase signaled a scene transition to the Gophers building of the trap to foil Colonel Kit Coyote and his men.
Some episodes would feature General Nuisance (voiced by George S. Irving), Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa's superior who would often assign them important missions. Usually when Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa end up botching up the important mission thanks to the Gophers' interference, General Nuisance would often have Kit and Oakey thrown into the Guard House.
Sergeant Oakey Homa would often be the one to close out every episode as a way of "breaking the fourth wall" when talking to the viewers.
- He's For the Berries - Colonel Kit Coyote falls asleep and dreams that he has eaten some berries that made him large.
- Swamped - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa try to rid itself of the Gopher Indians only for their army to get stuck in a swamp.
- Tanks to the Gophers - Colonel Kit Coyote gets a new tank to deal with the Gopher Indians.
- Up in the Air - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa take to the air with a rickety airplane to drop bombs on the Gopher Indians.
- The Big Banger -
- Bold as Gold - Due to the discover of gold, homesteaders have started to move out West. The Gopher Indians do everything they can to keep them away before they take up the Gopher Indians' land.
- Who's a Dummy - Using their skill of carving totem poles, the Gopher Indians paint exact replicas of themselves to fool Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa.
- Tapping the Telegraph -
- Termite Trainers -
- Medicine Man -
- Mesa Mess -
- Cleveland Indians - Colonel Kit Coyote takes the Gopher Indians to Cleveland so that they can meet the Cleveland Indians. The Gopher Indians also get familiar with the city life where their antics end up annoying some of its citizens.
- Gatling Gophers -
- Introducing General Nuisances -
- Trojan Totem -
- Moon Zoom - Running Board and Ruffled Feathers build a moon rocket in order to send Colonel Kit Coyote to the moon.
- Indian Treasure -
- The Carriage Trade -
- Honey Fun - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa compete with the Gopher Indians to get more honey.
- The Colonel Cleans Up - Using a big vacuum, Colonel Kit Coyote plans to clean up Gopher Gulch of the Gopher Indians.
- The Raw Recruits -
- Tenshun -
- Cuckoo Combat -
- The Ironclad - Borrowing the Navy's latest warship, Colonel Kit Coyote tries to clean up Gopher Gulch
- Amusement Park -
- Crash Diet -
- Wild Wild Flowers -
- Lookout! Here Comes Aunt Flora -
- Root Beer Riot -
- Tricky Teepee Trap -
- 3-Ring Circus -
- Don't Fence Me In -
- Locked Out -
- Hotel Headaches -
- Choo Choo Chase -
- Rocket Ruckus -
- Go Go Gamblers -
- Radio Raid -
- The Steam Roller -
- Mutiny A Go-Go -
- Marooned on Cannibal Island -
- The Indian Giver -
- The Big Pow-Wow -
- Back to the Indians -
- California Here We Come -
- Blankety Blank Blanket -
- The Great White Stallion -
- Kitchen Capers -