God Macabre was Swedish death metal band. They were formed in the winter of 1988 as a grindcore band named Botten På Burken. In 1989 they switched to playing death metal and changed their name to Macabre End. They released a demo in September 1990 titled Consumed by Darkness which turned into an underground hit. Thereafter they changed their name once again to God Macabre. In 1992 the band split up, after Johansson and Nilsson had left the band in 1991, and no suitable replacements could be found. Boder and Sjöberg formed the band Snake Machine which evolved into Space Probe Taurus. After the split-up the only album recorded was released - The Winterlong.... The album was re-issued in 2002 with the demo as bonus tracks by Relapse Records. In March 2008 the Relapse version of the album was also released on vinyl for the first time by the Swedish label Bloodharvest Records.
- Consumed by Darkness (demo, September 1990) - as Macabre End
- The demo was remixed and released as a 7" in June 1991.
- The Winterlong... (Recorded December 1991, Released December 1993)
- Per Boder - Vocals (1988–1992)
- Ola Sjöberg - Guitars (1988–1992)
- Jonas Stålhammar - Guitars (1990–1992)
- Tomas Johansson - Bass (1988–1991)
- Niklas Nilsson - Drums (1988–1991)