God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins
|"God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins"|
|Bob's Burgers episode|
|Episode no.||Season 3
|Directed by||Anthony Chun|
|Written by||Kit Boss|
|Original air date||December 16, 2012|
|Bob's Burgers (season 3)
List of Bob's Burgers episodes
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins" is the 9th episode of the third season of the animated comedy series Bob's Burgers and the overall 31st episode, and is written by Kit Boss and directed by Anthony Chun. It aired on Fox in the United States on December 16, 2012.
When Bob inherits a storage unit around Christmas, the family hope that they will contain riches, but instead they find a squatter named Chet who claims he was previously a display mannequin. The family take him in, only to discover that he has a talent for creating seasonal window displays out of mannequins, in which he also poses. As Christmas approaches Chet becomes increasingly unstable, eventually claiming that he is in love with another mannequin from whom he has become separated. The display which he creates in the absence of his love is macabre and terrifying, and the desperate family track her down to a sex store. Liberating the mannequin, they reunite her with Chet and convince him to create a more appropriate display in time for Christmas.
Burger Of The Day
- "One Horse Open Slaw Burger (comes with slaw, no horse)"
- "Santa Claus is Cumin to Town"
- "Jingle Bell Pepper Burger"
- "Home for the Challah-Days (comes on a Challah roll)"
- "The Silentil Night Burger"
- "Fifth Day of Christmas Burger (served with five golden rings of onion)"
Rowan Kaiser of The A.V. Club gave the episode a A–, saying "The entire episode hits that sweet spot between sweet and weird. Even the moment where Chet goes a little crazy and makes a horrifying window display is oddly endearing, thanks to the ketchup bottle squirting 'blood.' That’s clever, weird, but also impressive. That’s Bob’s Burgers, and I’m happy that the show is getting a chance to apply its impressive clever weirdness to the holidays."
The episode received a 1.5 rating and was watched by a total of 3.09 million people. This made it the fourth most watched show on Animation Domination that night, beating The Cleveland Show but losing to The Simpsons with 3.77 million.
- Bob's Burgers Episode Guide 2012 Season 3 - God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequin, Episode 9 | TVGuide.com
- Kaiser, Rowan (January 7, 2013). "God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins". The A.V Club. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 18, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Bob's Burgers' and 'Bachelorette' Special Adjusted Up, 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down + Unscrambled Football". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
|This article about an episode from an animated television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|