God Tussi Great Ho
|God Tussi Great Ho|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Rumi Jaffrey|
|Produced by||Afzal Khan
|Story by||Rumi Jaffery
|Based on||Bruce Almighty|
|Edited by||Pranay Patel|
|Distributed by||Sohail Khan Productions
|Release date(s)||15 August 2008|
|Running time||152 mins.|
|Box office||18.5 million (US$310,000)|
God Tussi Great Ho (English: God you are Great) is a 2008 Indian fantasy comedy film, written and directed by Rumi Jaffery and starring Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Sohail Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in a friendly appearance. It was released on 15 August 2008. According to director Rohit Dhawan, the film is inspired from a village folk tale about a Brahmin, though most reviewers noted that the film's story-line has similarities with the 2003 Hollywood comedy Bruce Almighty, starring Jim Carrey and Jennifer Aniston.
Arun Prajapati (Salman Khan) has been trying to be a successful TV anchor, but success has always eluded him. He blames God (Amitabh Bachchan) for this lack of success. Arun is head over heels in love with Aaliya Khanna (Priyanka Chopra), who is a TV anchor and a well-known star working in the same channel, but he has never been able to express his love for her.
When Rocky (Sohail Khan) is appointed as an anchor for the channel, Arun starts believing that Rocky will win Aaliya. Later, Arun is sacked from the channel. He has nobody to blame but God Himself, whom he later meets in person. An argument ensues between the two, at the end of which God then decides to give Arun the power over all things for ten days, wherein Arun may prove that he is a better operator of the universe.
Arun uses this power to put Rocky into an uneasy spot and win Aaliya's heart. After God scolds him for only making things better for himself, Arun starts listening to people's prayers. He later realizes that considering each person's wishes individually would be too time-consuming, so to save time and effort he grants everybody's wishes, including the wish of criminals to be free and Rocky's wish that Aaliya marries him.
He later asks God why is everything happening towards him. God explains it is his own fault and that everyone cannot blame Him for this. Arun feels bad, but God forgives him and starts his life over again. During the game show, he tricks Rocky into lying about loving Aaliya Khanna (who was present on the show, as it was the channel "Zoop"'s first game show), and Aaliya turns on him. Arun wins the heart of Aaliya.
- Salman Khan as Arun Prajapati
- Priyanka Chopra as Aaliya
- Amitabh Bachchan as God
- Sohail Khan as Rakesh Sharma a.k.a. Rocky
- Satish Kaushik as Netaji (Special Appearance)
- Anupam Kher as Arun's father
- Dilip Tahil as Arun's Boss
- Beena Kak as Arun's mother
- Upasana Singh as Arun's maid
- Rukhsar Rehman as Madhu Prajapati
God Tussi Great Ho did not have a good run at the box office and was declared flop by Box Office India, apart from a few single screens. However the movie has emerged as a moderate success on the home video circuit.
|God Tussi Great Ho|
|Soundtrack album by Sajid-Wajid|
15 March 2008 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||"Let's Party"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:56|
|2||"Tujhe Aksa Beach Ghuma Doon"||Wajid, Amrita Kak||4:10|
|3||"God Tussi Great Ho"||Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan||4:31|
|4||"Tumko Dekha"||Neeraj Shridhar, Shreya Ghoshal||5:34|
|5||"Lal Chunariya"||Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan||4:18|
|6||"Tujhe Aksa Beach Ghuma Doon (Remix)"||Wajid, Amrita Kak||3:58|
|7||"Let's Party (Remix)"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:34|
|8||"God Tussi Great Ho (Remix)"||Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan||3:56|
- "God Tussi Great Ho - IndiaFM".
- Indo Asian News Service (15 August 2008). "God Tussi Great Ho is not a remake: Rumi Jaffrey". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (15 August 2008). "God Tussi Great Ho - Critic's Review". Times of India. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Adarsh, Taran (15 August 2008). "God Tussi Great Ho: Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Box Office 2008
- Sharma, Mohit (29 November 2008). "God Tussi Great Ho Emerges A Success". BoxOffice India.com. Archived from the original on 5 December 2008. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Tuteja, Joginder (21 July 2008). "God Tussi Great Ho: Music Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-04-09.