Thatched cottages in Godshill
Godshill shown within the Isle of Wight
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||Isle of Wight|
|Ceremonial county||Isle of Wight|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Isle of Wight|
|Ambulance||Isle of Wight|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|UK Parliament||Isle of Wight|
Godshill Park House dates from about 1760 and was built as a home farm to serve the Appuldurcombe Estate. In around 1860 the house was extended, adding the Regency front and became a private residence. It was used in the Second World War as an army hospital.
Godshill has pubs called the "Griffin"- featuring a large griffin-shaped maze and children's playground, and "The Taverners".
Godshill model village
Since 1952 Godshill has been the home of a model village of itself and Shanklin's old village at a scale of 1:10. It is so detailed and on such a large scale that it contains a scale model of the model village. Within that second model there is a third, even smaller model of the village.
All Saints' Church
- "English Parishes and Welsh communities N&C 2004". www.statistics.gov.uk. 2004. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- "2001 Census Neighbourhood Statistics - Civil Parishes on the Isle of Wight". www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Pictures of England - Location map of Godshill". www.picturesofengland.com. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Isle of Wight Festival History - 1968". www.isleofwightfestvial.com. Archived from the original on 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Isle of Wight Tourist Guide - The Griffin in Godshill". www.isleofwighttouristguide.com. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Southern Vectis - bus route 2". www.islandbuses.info. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Southern Vectis - bus route 3". www.islandbuses.info. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Isle of Wight Attractions - The Model Village, Godshill". www.iowight.com. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Godshill.|
|This Isle of Wight location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|