Goghat I (community development block)
গোঘাট I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||188.57 km2 (72.81 sq mi)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arambagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Goghat|
Goghat I (community development block) is an administrative division in Arambag subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Goghat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Goghat. 
Goghat is located at.
As per 2001 census, Goghat I block had a total population of 125,277, out of which 64,162 were males and 61,115 were females. Goghat I block registered a population growth of 14.36 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Goghat I block had a total literacy of 51.15 per cent. While male literacy was 72.72 per cent, female literacy was 40.69 per cent.
This is a rich agricultural area with several cold storages.
From Arambagh Bus stand many buses go directly to Goghat.
- Kamarpukur – birthplace of Sri Ramkrishna.
- Jayrambati - birthplace of Sarada Devi.
- Garh Mandaran – ruins of a fort of the Afghan era made famous by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in his Durgeshnandini.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Goghat I". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "List of functioning Cold Storage of West Bengal District wise as on 18.01.07". West Bengal State Marketing Board. Retrieved 2009-01-28.