|Studio album by Grant Green|
|Recorded||November 30, 1962
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Grant Green chronology|
Goin' West is an album by American jazz guitarist Grant Green featuring performances recorded in 1962 but not released on the Blue Note label until 1969. It is a loose concept album based around Western music.
The All About Jazz review by Colin Fleming stated "Goin' West , though nominally a country and western recording, moves us into the realm of folk music—bluegrass folk music and clippity-clappity cowboy tunes... Having said that, it would be hard to imagine Goin' West being a greater delight, a straight forward, unencumbered jazz delight—finesse jazz is a readily applicable moniker... Goin' West is an intriguing release nonetheless".
- "On Top of Old Smokey" (Traditional) – 7:05
- "I Can't Stop Loving You" (Gibson) – 3:29
- "Wagon Wheels" (DeRose, Hill) – 6:25
- "Red River Valley" (Traditional) – 6:08
- "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" (Nolan) – 11:05