|Launched||February 1, 2003|
|Owned by||Gol TV, Inc.|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||Tu fútbol, tu canal
(Your Football, Your Channel)
America's First Soccer Channel
|Language||English and Spanish|
|DirecTV||456 (SD only)|
|Available on select US cable systems||Check local listings for channels|
This article is about the American sports network. For the similarly named and themed network in Spain, see Gol Televisión.
GOL TV is an American TV sports channel dedicated to soccer owned by GOLTV Inc., based in North Bay Village, Florida. The network broadcasts the German Bundesliga and the Argentine and Brazilian leagues. From 2014–15 season on they will broadcast the Swiss Super League. GOL TV is totally bilingual: all programs are broadcast in both English and Spanish. In some areas subscribers receive both audio feeds and can choose which one to hear using the Secondary audio program (SAP) feature on their television receivers.
As of late 2012, Gol TV is available on Verizon Fios, Cox, and Time Warner, and is available on Spanish language packages on DirecTV; many providers have replaced GolTV with beIN Sports as time has gone on.
- German Bundesliga - Contract runs through 2014-2015 season. GOL TV will air all 5 matches each weekend that are fully produced in English by DFL Sports Enterprises for international distribution.
- Primeira Liga (Portugal) - 2014–15 Primeira Liga (only Benfica home matches, premiere, not live).
- English Premier League - (Everton matches, not live).
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and São Paulo Championship - Contract with Globo TV Sports will run through December 2015. GOLTV will broadcast up to 2 matches from each round. Some matches has been sublicensed to ESPN, Inc. for Spanish-language broadcast on ESPN Deportes and English-language streaming at ESPN3.com in exchange for Dutch Eredivisie matches.
- Primera División Uruguaya - Limited coverage of matches involving Nacional and Penarol
- Copa Centroamericana - qualifying tournament in Central America - via an agreement with Traffic Sports USA
- Ascenso MX - two top matches per week (more than sixty per season) from Mexico's 2nd division in a deal through 2014
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - rights to final through 2014
- GOLTV News - A daily newscast that airs twice each day and is devoted exclusively to soccer. It features goals, interviews, analysis and transfer news. It airs Monday through Friday at 7pm and 10pm US Eastern Time and Sundays at 9pm and midnight US Eastern Time.
- Hallo! Bundesliga - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of all the games from the Bundesliga in Germany. The program airs on Mondays at 7pm and 11pm US Eastern Time.
- GOAL! Bundesliga magazine - A weekly series that focuses on the lifestyles of the stars of the German Bundesliga, which airs on Thursdays at 7pm and 10:30pm US Eastern Time.
- Tu Fútbol - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of league matches from Brazil and Uruguay. The program airs on Tuesdays at 7pm and 7:30pm US Eastern Time.
- Foot Brazil - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of all the games from the São Paulo State Championship and the Brasileirão Serie A, as well as interviews with the biggest stars of Brazilian soccer. It airs on Wednesdays at 7pm and 10pm US Eastern Time.
- Soccer Cam - A program in which videos from the audience showing their soccer skills are shown. Videos may be sent through the network's website. The program airs Thursdays at 8:00pm US Eastern Time.
- Benfica in 60 Minutes - A weekly program highlighting all things Benfica (POR). It features goals, interviews, analysis and transfer news.
- FIFA Futbol Mundial - An in-depth weekly magazine show that features mini-documentaries, interviews and human interest stories that highlight the most significant and current happenings from the world of soccer. The program airs Fridays at 7:30pm US Eastern Time.
- American Soccer - A review on the state of soccer in the United States.
- Tigress Life - A reality show showcasing the Lakewood High School girls' soccer team and their life on campus.
- GOLTV Year in Review - Airing every January, an annual three hour yearly review of all things soccer and programming on GOLTV.
GOL TV HD
- Gol TV Renew US Rights for German Bundesliga Until 2015 SportConnect, October 27, 2011
- Gol TV To Kick Off HDTV Service - Bilingual Soccer-Centric Service Set To Launch On Aug. 1 Multichannel News March 29, 2010
- GolTV HD Nets Time Warner Cable Launch In New York City Multichannel News August 27, 2010