||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Owner:||Sovereign Spirit Limited, a subsidiary of Golar LNG|
|Port of registry:||Marshall Islands, Majuro|
|Builder:||Kawasaki Heavy Industries|
|Identification:||Call sign: V7HA4
DNV ID: 09639
IMO number: 7373327
|Class & type:||1A1 Tanker for Liquefied Gas REGAS-2 E0|
|Tonnage:||106,577 long tons (119,366 short tons)|
|Length:||289.01 m (948 ft 2 in)|
|Beam:||44.61 m (146 ft 4 in)|
|Draught:||12.524 m (41 ft 1.1 in)|
|Speed:||19.5 knots (22.4 mph; 36.1 km/h)|
|Capacity:||7,000,000 m3/d (250,000,000 cu ft/d) (regasification)
128,998 m3 (4,555,500 cu ft) (storage (LNG))
Golar Spirit was built by the Kawasaki Shipbuilding Corporation in 1981 as an LNG carrier. She was the first Japan-built and first Asia-built LNG carrier. In 1986, Golar Spirit was chartered for twenty years by Indonesian oil and gas company Pertamina. She served the line delivering LNG from Indonesia to Japan.
In April 2007, Golar Spirit was charter contracted by Petrobras for serving as the Pecém LNG terminal. The conversion started on 1 October 2007 at the Keppel Shipyard in Singapore. The conversion was completed in mid-2008 and Golar Spirit headed to Brazil on 11 June 2008. On her course, the Golar Spirit transported a LNG load from Trinidad and Tobago to Brazil. She arrived in Pecém on 22 July 2008.
On 30 January 2009, Golar Spirit became the first vessel of this kind, which regasified LNG aboard.
The FSRU Golar Spirit operates at a jetty to which it is moored. LNG is transported to the FSRU by LNG carriers, that berth to the other side of the jetty. The LNG is vaporized in the onboard regasification system, which enables the FSRU to provide natural gas to the onshore consumers (power plants). It is a steel mono hull with LNG tanks arranged in the middle, with the re-gasification plant in the forward section and crew facilities with control room and utility machinery in the aft section. The engineering of the regasification system and the tanks were provided by Moss Maritime of Norway. The Norwegian company Bjørge engineered its pressure protection system through its subsidiary Solberg & Andersen.
Golar Spirit is equipped with a regasification system comprising high pressure LNG pumps, cryogenic LNG vaporizers and associated valves, piping and instrumentation. LNG pumps are provided by Shinko, while LNG vaporizers are provided by Thermax(www.thermaxinc.com). The vaporizers use steam generated by the onboard existing steam boilers. The design pressure of the vaporizers exceeds 85 bars (8,500 kPa). Each vaporiser with wall thickness of over 55 millimeters (2.2 in) is over 8 meters (26 ft) long and weighs in excess of 5.5 metric tons (6.1 short tons). The regasification capacity of the Golar Spirit is 7 million cubic meters per day (250×106 cu ft/d) (over 240 metric tons or 260 short tons of LNG per hour), and its storage capacity is 129 thousand cubic meters (4.6×106 cu ft) of LNG, equivalent to 77 million cubic meters (2.7×109 cu ft) of natural gas.
- "Golar LNG Delivers World's First FSRU to Petrobras". Downstream Today. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "Golar Spirit". Det Norske Veritas. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "History of Kawasaki". Kawasaki Shipbuilding Corporation. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "SqueezeTrigger Price is $14.905. There is $67,298,468.00 That Short Sellers Still Need To Cover". TradingMarkets. 2008-09-19. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- The Global Liquefied Natural Gas Market: Status and Outlook. Appendix L. LNG Tanker Fleet (PDF). Energy Information Administration. December 2003. DOE/EIA-0637. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "Golar LNG Q4 2007 Results" (Press release). Golar LNG. 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Golar LNG converts second FSRU at Keppel". Seatrade Asia Online. 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "Golar Spirit headed for Brazil". Energy Current. 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Golar LNG Q2 2008 Results". Reuters. 2008-08-14. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Petrobras begins LNG delivery to Brazilian power units". Energy Business Review. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "LNG in the fast lane". The Full Picture Magazine (Kongsberg Maritime) (1). 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Thermax vaporisers for Golar LNG FSRU". LNG World Shipping (Riviera Maritime Media Ltd). February–March 2008.
- "Bjørge supplies instrumented safety system to Golar Spirit" (Press release). Bjørge. 2008-05-05. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "Golar Spirit LNG regasification vessel heads to Petrobras Pecem terminal". Energy Business Review. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2009-01-31.