|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2007)|
|Type||Customer Relationship Management|
GoldMine is a Customer Relationship Management software package, made by FrontRange Solutions. It is a Microsoft Windows program that manages client and prospect contact details as well as interactions with these contacts, such as calls made to and by the contact, emails sent and received and sales forecasts. GoldMine has a user base of more than 1.2 million users and is delivered through a network of hundreds of GoldMine solution partners worldwide.
GoldMine Software Corp. was founded in 1989 by Jon Ferrara and Elan Susser. GoldMine Software Corp. was one of the early pioneers in the Sales Force Automation (SFA) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software categories for Small to Medium sized Businesses (SMBs). GoldMine Software, ranked 154th on the 1997 Inc. 500, a national "Fast 500" company, swept the computer industry awards. Highlights include being awarded back-to-back-to-back-to-back PC Magazine's "Editor's Choice" (August 1993, August 1995, April 1996 and August 1997).
- Contact Management: Maintain a list of contacts and their information, including custom data pertinent to your own business.
- Scheduling: Schedule various types of activities (calls, appointments, etc.) to occur between any combination of employee(s) and contact(s).
- Sales/Opportunity tracking: Track probabilities & close dates of simple and complex sales
- Networkable Groupware: The program can be used by a single user or simultaneously by groups of users in a windows network.
- Reporting: Analyze data with the built-in proprietary report engine or using 3rd party tools.
- Synchronize Data: Data can be synchronized with other GoldMine installations using GoldSync. Other native synchronization options include Microsoft Outlook, Palm and Windows CE/Mobile devices.
- E-mail: RFC 822 compliant e-mail client works with SMTP and POP3 e-mail servers.
- Web Integration: GM+View area in the program allows external browser-based content to be seamlessly presented as part of the contact's data. This provides rich integration possibilities with internet and intranet-based data-driven pages.
GoldMine product versions include:
- Premium Edition: Defaults to MSSQL 2005 database. Can also use Firebird. Revamped UI and a customer service module are the primary differences between the Corporate and Premium Editions.
GoldMine Premium Edition uses a concurrent licensing system. With concurrent licensing, only X-number of people can log on at a given time (X being the number of licenses/seats). This means that 50 people can use a 25-user licensed installation of GoldMine as long as only 25 of them ever log in at the same time.