Gold Panda performing at Haldern Pop in 2013
|Occupations||Musician, record producer, composer, remixer|
|Associated acts||Simian Mobile Disco, Star Slinger|
He was born in Peckham, London, in 1980 and was raised in Chelmsford, Essex. He lived in Japan and studied at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. Gold Panda released several small-issue 7" records and singles in 2009, and in 2010 he signed with Ghostly International to release his debut full-length Lucky Shiner.
- Lucky Shiner (CD/12-inch, Ghostly International/Notown, Sept 2010)
- Half of Where You Live (CD/12-inch, Ghostly/Notown, June 2013)
- Before (CDR, self-released, limited to 300 copies, 2009)
- Miyamae (12-inch, Various Production, July 2009)
- You (12-inch, Ghostly International, limited to 500 copies, June 2010)
- Snow & Taxis (12-inch, Ghostly, limited, Nov 2010)
- Marriage (12-inch, Ghostly, limited to 600 copies for Record Store Day, March 2011)
- DJ-Kicks: An Iceberg Hurled Northward Through Clouds (12-inch, Studio !K7, Oct 2011)
- Trust (12-inch, Notown, Feb 2013)
- "Quitter's Raga" (CDR/7-inch, Make Mine, limited to 500 copies, Aug 2009)
- "You" / "Before We Talked" (CDR/7-inch, Notown, 2010)
- "Mountain" / "Financial District" (7-inch, Ghostly/Notown, limited to 1200 copies, May 2012)
- "Brazil" (MP3, Ghostly, April 2013)
- Unreleased Medical Journal (CDR, self-released, limited, June 2010)
- Companion (CDR, self-released, limited, April 2010; CD, Ghostly, March 2011)
- Gold Panda: DJ-Kicks (DJ mix, CD/12-inch, Studio !K7, Oct 2011)
- "Dimensions Festival". Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Guardian review, http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/07/gold-panda-lucky-shiner-cd-review
- Review of Lucky Shiner, NME, October 9, 2010.
- Review of Lucky Shiner, Rock Sound #141 (November 2010).
- Review of Lucky Shiner, Uncut, October 2010.
- Review of Lucky Shiner, MOJO, November 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gold Panda.|
|This UK musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|