Golden East Crossing
|Location||Rocky Mount, North Carolina|
|Address||1100 North Wesleyan Boulevard|
|No. of stores and services||50+|
|Total retail floor area||574,172 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Golden East Crossing is a shopping mall in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Opened in 1986, the mall features Bed Bath & Beyond, Belk, Books-A-Million, Dunham's Sports, J. C. Penney, Petco, Ross Dress for Less, and one vacant anchor last occupied by Best Buy. It is managed by Hendon Properties.
Proffitt's was closed in 2005. Part of the store became Bed Bath & Beyond that year, while the rest became Ross Dress for Less a year later. Petco was added in 2008, replacing a Books-A-Million bookstore which moved to the former theater space. Best Buy and Sears both closed in 2012. A year later, Dunham's Sports was confirmed to be opening in the vacated Sears.
- "Properties". O'Leary Partners. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Proffitt's, Inc. Announces Acquisition of North Carolina Based Brody's.". Business Wire. 6 March 1998. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Murphy, Tom (5 November 2004). "Best Buy opens in Rocky Mount". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (20 May 2004). "Cinema Grill officials mum on plans for area theater". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (24 July 2005). "Golden East Crossing to introduce changes". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (4 August 2005). "Multiple stores may occupy Proffitt's site". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (20 September 2005). "Bed Bath & Beyond filling Proffitt's slot". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- "Ross Dress for Less holds grand opening today". Rocky Mount Telegram. 24 September 2006.
- "Golden East Crossing to add new stores". Rocky Mount Telegram. 13 February 2007.
- "Best Buy in Rocky Mount to close May 12". Rocky Mount Telegram. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Henderson, John (24 April 2013). "Dunham's Sports to open in Golden East Crossing". Rocky Mount Telegram. Retrieved 3 January 2014.