Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy
The Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1950. Previously, there was a single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture" but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama.
The formal title has varied since its inception and as of 2005 is officially called: "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Musical or Comedy".
- "†" indicates an Academy Award-winning performance.
- ‡ indicates a Golden Globe nominated performance that was nominated for an Academy Award.
- "§" indicates a Golden Globe Award-winning performance that was not nominated for an Academy Award.
Winners and nominees 
|2010||Annette Bening ‡||Nic Allgood||The Kids Are All Right|
|Anne Hathaway||Maggie Murdock||Love and Other Drugs|
|Angelina Jolie||Elise Ward||The Tourist|
|Julianne Moore||Jules Allgood||The Kids Are All Right|
|Emma Stone||Olive Penderghast||Easy A|
|2011||Michelle Williams ‡||Marilyn Monroe||My Week with Marilyn|
|Jodie Foster||Penelope Longstreet||Carnage|
|Charlize Theron||Mavis Gary||Young Adult|
|Kristen Wiig||Annie Walker||Bridesmaids|
|Kate Winslet||Nancy Cowan||Carnage|
|2012||Jennifer Lawrence †||Tiffany Maxwell||Silver Linings Playbook|
|Emily Blunt||Harriet Chetwode-Talbot||Salmon Fishing in the Yemen|
|Judi Dench||Evelyn Greenslade||Best Exotic Marigold Hotel|
|Maggie Smith||Jean Horton||Quartet|
|Meryl Streep||Kay Soames||Hope Springs|
Multiple Winners 
- Annette Bening
- Diane Keaton
- Nicole Kidman
- Shirley MacLaine
- Bette Midler
- Sissy Spacek
- Meryl Streep
- Barbra Streisand
- Kathleen Turner
- Renée Zellweger
See also 
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- List of actors who have won an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe, a SAG, and a Critic's Choice Award for a single performance