Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
|Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Comedy or Musical|
|Presented by||Hollywood Foreign Press Association|
|Currently held by||Amy Adams for Big Eyes (2014)|
The Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1951. Previously, there was a single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture" but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Best Actress – Drama.
The formal title has varied since its inception. In 2005, it was officially called: "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy". As of 2014, the wording is "Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical".
- "†" indicates an Academy Award-winning performance.
- ‡ indicates an Academy Award nomination.
- "§" indicates a Golden Globe Award-winning performance that was not nominated for an Academy Award.
Winners and nominees
- Amy Adams (Consecutive)
- Annette Bening
- Diane Keaton
- Nicole Kidman
- Shirley MacLaine
- Bette Midler
- Sissy Spacek
- Meryl Streep
- Barbra Streisand
- Kathleen Turner (Consecutive)
- Renée Zellweger
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Critics Choice Movie Award for Best Actress
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
- List of actors who won the Academy, BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and Critic's Choice Award for a single performance