Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture
|Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture|
|Presented by||Hollywood Foreign Press Association|
|First awarded||1944 (for performances in films released in 1943)|
|Currently held by||Jennifer Lawrence,
American Hustle (2013)
The Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in 1944 for a performance in a motion picture released in the previous year.
The formal title has varied since its inception; since 2005, the award has officially been called "Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture".
- "†" indicates the winner of the Academy Award.
- "‡" indicates a Golden Globe Award nominee who was nominated for an Academy Award.
- "§" indicates a Golden Globe Award winner who won an Academy Award for the same performance but in a Leading Role category.
Winners and nominees
|1943||Katina Paxinou †||Pilar||For Whom the Bell Tolls|
|1944||Agnes Moorehead ‡||Baroness Aspasia Conti||Mrs. Parkington|
|1945||Angela Lansbury ‡||Sibyl Vane||The Picture of Dorian Gray|
|1946||Anne Baxter †||Sophie MacDonald||The Razor's Edge|
|1947||Celeste Holm †||Anne Dettrey||Gentleman's Agreement|
|1948||Ellen Corby ‡||Aunt Trina||I Remember Mama|
|1949||Mercedes McCambridge †||Sadie Burke||All the King's Men|
|Miriam Hopkins||Aunt Lavinia||The Heiress|
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- List of actors who won the Academy, BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and Critic's Choice Award for a single performance