Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture
The Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in 1944 for a performance in a motion picture released in the previous year.
The formal title has varied since its inception; since 2005, the award has officially been called "Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture".
- "†" indicates the winner of the Academy Award.
- "‡" indicates a Golden Globe Award nominee who was nominated for an Academy Award.
- "§" indicates a Golden Globe Award winner who won an Academy Award for the same performance but in a Leading Role category.
Winners and nominees
|1943||Katina Paxinou †||Pilar||For Whom the Bell Tolls|
|1944||Agnes Moorehead ‡||Baroness Aspasia Conti||Mrs. Parkington|
|1945||Angela Lansbury ‡||Sibyl Vane||The Picture of Dorian Gray|
|1946||Anne Baxter †||Sophie MacDonald||The Razor's Edge|
|1947||Celeste Holm †||Anne Dettrey||Gentleman's Agreement|
|1948||Ellen Corby ‡||Aunt Trina||I Remember Mama|
|1949||Mercedes McCambridge †||Sadie Burke||All the King's Men|
|Miriam Hopkins ‡||Aunt Lavinia||The Heiress|
|2010||Melissa Leo †||Alice Ward||The Fighter|
|Amy Adams ‡||Charlene Fleming||The Fighter|
|Helena Bonham Carter ‡||Queen Elizabeth||The King's Speech|
|Mila Kunis||Lily / The Black Swan||Black Swan|
|Jacki Weaver ‡||Janine "Smurf" Cody||Animal Kingdom|
|2011||Octavia Spencer †||Minny Jackson||The Help|
|Bérénice Bejo ‡||Peppy Miller||The Artist|
|Jessica Chastain ‡||Celia Foote||The Help|
|Janet McTeer ‡||Hubert Page||Albert Nobbs|
|Shailene Woodley||Alexandra "Alex" King||The Descendants|
|2012||Anne Hathaway †||Fantine||Les Misérables|
|Amy Adams ‡||Peggy Dodd||The Master|
|Sally Field ‡||Mary Todd Lincoln||Lincoln|
|Helen Hunt ‡||Cheryl Cohen-Greene||The Sessions|
|Nicole Kidman||Charlotte Bless||The Paperboy|
|2013||Jennifer Lawrence ‡||Rosalyn Rosenfeld||American Hustle|
|Sally Hawkins ‡||Ginger||Blue Jasmine|
|Lupita Nyong'o †||Patsey||12 Years a Slave|
|Julia Roberts ‡||Barbara Weston-Fordham||August: Osage County|
|June Squibb ‡||Kate Grant||Nebraska|
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- List of actors who won the Academy, BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and Critic's Choice Award for a single performance