Golden Princess tendering in Cabo San Lucas
|Port of registry:||Bermuda, Hamilton|
|Route:||Hawaii / Alaska|
|Yard number:||Monfalcone-Trieste, Italy 6050|
|Christened:||October 12, 2001 by Jane Seymour (actress) at Fort Lauderdale|
|Maiden voyage:||May 16, 2001 (Southampton to Barcelona)|
|In service:||May 2001|
|Identification:||Call Sign ZCDA9
IMO number: 9192351
MMSI number: 310344000
|Class and type:||Passenger|
|Type:||Grand class cruise ship|
|Length:||951 ft (290 m)|
|Beam:||118 ft (36 m)|
|Draught:||8.7 m (29 ft)|
|Draft:||26.2 ft (8.0 m)|
|Decks:||17 total, 13 passenger|
|Ice class:||1A Super|
|Propulsion:||2 diesel-electric propellers (42,000kW each)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Golden Princess is a Grand-class cruise ship with Princess Cruises that entered service in 2001. She is the sister ship of Grand Princess and Star Princess. She measures 109,000 gross tons and carries 2,600 passengers (double occupancy) plus 1,100 crew members. As of 2009, she primarily operates on the Hawaii and the West Coast of the United States. Golden was constructed in Italy by Fincantieri and is Bermudan flagged.
Golden Princess was one of the first major cruise ships to sail to Antarctic waters in 2006. Golden Princess was dry docked in Victoria from mid-April to early-May 2009, in order to refurbish the entire ship. She was also drydocked in 2012, where a major refurbishment and addition of several new amenities took place.
Golden Princess features three formal dining rooms and two high-end specialty restaurants, Crown Grill and Sabatini's. mini golf course (9 holes), several pools, a spa, a gym, a video arcade, a children's facility, a dedicated teen center, a screening room (for recent movie releases), Movies Under the Stars screen, multiple bars and lounges and three modern show lounges. The ship's main theater located at the forward of the ship seats approximately 1,000.  The ship has four swimming pools, nine spas and an adults-only area, The Sanctuary, forward on the ship.
Ports of call
Golden Princess is sailing 7-Day cruises roundtrip from Seattle, Washington. She will then move to Los Angeles, California sailing short cruises to the West Coast until December when she will sail to around South America. Upon coming back to Los Angeles, the ship will offer a roundtrip 28- day Hawaii, Tahiti, and Samoa on April 2014 prior to returning to Seattle via Los Angeles and Vancouver, British Columbia to sail Alaska. During its 2015-16 season, it will sail to Australia, to be based in Melbourne, taking the number of Australian based ships to 5.
At Ocean Terminal, Greenock.
Evening departure from Los Angeles (Front).
Evening departure from Los Angeles (Rear).
Golden Princess docked at Belfast Harbour.
Golden Princess docked at Belfast Harbour (different angle).
Golden Princess at Nawiliwili in Kauai
- "Jane Seymour to Christen Golden Princess". BNET (Business Wire). 2004-03-31. Retrieved 2008-07-23.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Golden Princess (26988)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard. https://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXDetails.aspx?VesselID=26988 .
- "Golden Princess (IMO: 9192351)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "Golden Princess". Simplonpc. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "First cruise ship sets sail for Antarctica". Mail Online. 2006-09-05. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "Personal Choice Dining". Princess Cruises. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "Golden Princess Activities". Princess Cruises. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "Golden Princess Under 18". Princess Cruises. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "Golden Princess Entertainment". Princess Cruises. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Golden Princess.|
- Golden Princess Official Page (Princess site)