From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Golden Triangle may refer to:
- Golden Triangle (Southeast Asia), named for its opium production
- Golden Triangle (Yangtze), named for its rapid economic development
- Golden Triangle (India), comprising the popular tourist spots Delhi, Agra and Jaipur
- Golden Triangle (Kuala Lumpur), the official name for a newer commercial quarter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. See List of embassies in Kuala Lumpur.
- Minnan Golden Triangle, economic production area in the Fujian province of China, includes Xiamen, Quanzhou and Zhangzhou
- Golden Triangle, nickname for Liaoning in northeastern China, named for its superior geographical location
- Golden Triangle (New South Wales), agricultural region bounded roughly by the towns of Narrabri, Moree, and Inverell
- Golden Triangle (Western Australia), the affluent Western Suburbs of Perth namely Cottesloe, Mosman Park, Peppermint Grove, (informally referred to as the "Inner Golden Triangle") Claremont, Dalkeith, Subiaco, Swanbourne, Daglish, Shenton Park, Karrakatta and parts of City Beach, Nedlands, Floreat, Wembley, Wembley Downs, Mount Claremont and North Fremantle. Geographically these suburbs form a triangular land mass bounded by the river and the sea. Although not geographically within the triangle, the suburb of Leederville is also widely considered to be part of the Golden Triangle due to electoral boundaries, demographics, and ethos.
- Golden Triangle (Algarve), the most afflent tourist area of the Algarve, including Vale do Lobo, Quinta do Lago and one other town, variously Almancil, Vilamoura or Vila Sol (itself within Vilamoura)
- Golden Triangle (Finland), an informal area between the cities of Helsinki, Turku, and Tampere
- Golden Triangle (Cheshire), named for its affluence
- Golden Triangle (Norwich), popular, affluent residential quarter
- Golden Triangle (Yorkshire), the wealthy property triangle of North Leeds, Harrogate and York
- Golden triangle (universities), prominent in research
- Golden Triangle (Belgium), comprising Antwerp, Brussels and Ghent
- Golden Triangle (Paris), a section of the 8th Arrondissement of Paris delimited by avenue Montaigne, avenue George V and the avenue des Champs-Elysées, noted for the presence of luxury goods retailers
- Golden Triangle (Cotswolds), an area of outstanding natural beauty in the heart of Gloucestershire circling Cheltenham
- Golden Triangle (Canada), named for the town of Golden, British Columbia, which forms one point
- Golden Triangle, Ottawa, named for the property triangle in Ottawa between Elgin Street and the Rideau Canal
- Golden Triangle (Mexico), referring to the area in the Sierra Madre Occidental surrounding the three-way junction of the borders of the Mexican states of Chihuahua, Durango and Sinaloa, notorious for drug trafficking and violent drug related incidents.
- Northwestern United States
- Golden Triangle (Rocky Mountains), flyfishing area in the Montana/Wyoming/Idaho region
- Golden Triangle, Denver, an informal name for a downtown Denver neighborhood in Colorado
- Golden Triangle (Los Angeles), an informal name for part of Los Angeles, with its center at Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, California
- Golden Triangle, part of the airspace at the R-2508 Special Use Airspace Complex in California
- Golden Triangle, in Saratoga, California is an area bounded by Saratoga Avenue, Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road and Cox Avenue
- Golden Triangle, informal name for part of University City, San Diego, bounded by highways 5, 52, and 805
- Golden Triangle, promotional name for the Silicon Valley industrial district of Northern San Jose, California, bounded by highways 101, 880 and 237.
- Southern United States
- Golden Triangle (Mississippi)
- Golden Triangle (Texas), an area of Southeast Texas
- Golden Triangle (Kentucky), the area outlined by Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati
- Midwestern United States
- Golden Triangle (Missouri), named for its rapid development
- Golden Triangle (Wisconsin), an informal name for the urban centers of the Chippewa Valley, i.e., the Eau Claire–Chippewa Falls metropolitan area forming the base of a triangle, with Menomonie, Wisconsin as its apex
- Eastern United States
- Golden Triangle (Massachusetts), a large retail district in the towns of Framingham and Natick
- Golden Triangle (New Hampshire), a heavily populated region in the Merrimack valley between the cities of Manchester, Nashua and Salem
- Golden Triangle (Pittsburgh), named for its commercial wealth
- Golden Triangle (Washington, D.C.), a promotionally named section of Washington D.C.'s central business district
- Brazil's South Eastern "Golden Triangle of Cities"
- Golden Triangle (Colombian Universities), the top three public universities in Colombia focused on research and postgraduate education
- Golden triangle (mathematics), in reference to the golden ratio
- Golden Triangle (train), a train operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad. See List of rail accidents (1930–49).
- the Golden Triangle, a named frequency of the PATrain commuter rail service
- Golden Triangle, an 8-bit ZX Spectrum software company from the Czech Republic active in the 1980s and early 1990s
- Golden Triangles, another name for the Triforce in the Legend of Zelda series of video games
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.