Wayne Executive Jetport
|Wayne Executive Jetport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KGWW – FAA LID: GWW|
|Serves||Goldsboro, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||133 ft / 41 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Wayne Executive Jetport (ICAO: KGWW, FAA LID: GWW) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of Goldsboro, a city in Wayne County, North Carolina, United States. The airport is owned by Wayne County. It was formerly known as Goldsboro-Wayne Municipal Airport, when it was owned by both City of Goldsboro and Wayne County.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned GWW by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.  Although GWW is not currently used by the IATA, it was previously assigned to the former RAF Gatow in Berlin, Germany.
Facilities and aircraft
Wayne Executive Jetport covers an area of 249 acres (101 ha) at an elevation of 133 feet (41 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 26, 2011, the airport had 16,200 aircraft operations, an average of 44 per day: 82% general aviation, 12% air taxi, and 6% military. At that time there were 48 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 4% jet, 2% helicopter, and 2% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GWW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "KGWW – Goldsboro-Wayne Municipal Airport". FAA data republished by AirNav. May 5, 2011. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011.
- Airport information for KGWW at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "R.A.F. Gatow, Berlin, Germany (IATA: GWW, ICAO: EDBG)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1993 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GWW, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|