||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
|Traded as||SEHK: 2208,SZSE: 002202|
|Headquarters||Urumqi, Xinjiang, China|
|Key people||Wu Gang (CEO)|
Goldwind (officially Goldwind Science & Technology Co., Ltd.) is a wind turbine manufacturer headquartered in Urumqi, Xinjiang, China. It is the second-largest China-based wind turbine manufacturer by 2011 market share and the third-largest in the world.
With offices and facilities throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas, Goldwind employs over 4,000 staff and combined, has an installed capacity base of 19 gigawatts across six continents. Goldwind is principally engaged in researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing large-sized wind turbine generator sets. The Company's major products include 1.5 MW Permanent Magnet Direct Drive (PMDD) and 2.5 MW PMDD series wind turbine sets. The company also provides wind power technology service, development and sale of wind power projects and technology transfer service.
Goldwind's US office is based in Chicago, IL and currently employs about 50 staff. Goldwind USA has sold close to 300 MW of permanent magnetic direct drive (PMDD) turbines, with the Compton, Illinois-based Shady Oaks project serving as its largest utility scale wind farm at 109.5MW. Goldwind USA works with US-based suppliers including North Dakota's LM Wind Power, the Timken Company in Ohio, Maxwell Technologies in California and Broadwind Energy in Wisconsin among many others.
Goldwind turbines are exclusively PMDD machines.
Goldwind's initial use of the PMDD fully converted design came through its partner and eventual subsidiary VENSYS, with the VENSYS 62 which has been in operation since 2004. The PMDD design was integrated into the production of the 1.5MW PMDD wind turbines. Goldwind recently introduced the 2.5MW PMDD, which was designed to be lighter on a per-megawatt basis and even more cost efficient than the 1.5 MW variant. Currently, larger machines are under development that will be utilized for onshore and offshore locations.
Models Above MW
- 1.5MW direct-drive series wind turbine
- 2.5MW permanent magnet direct-drive wind turbine
Models Below MW
- 600 kW series wind turbine
- 750 kW series wind turbine
- 3000 kW first transmission permanent magnet wind turbine
- 5000 kW series wind turbine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goldwind.|
- List of renewable energy companies by stock exchange
- List of wind turbine manufacturers
- Wind power in the People's Republic of China
- IHS Emerging Energy Research. Gamesa back in wind top-five as GE drops out - analysts Global Wind Turbine Supply Market Share Evolution, 6 March 2012. Retrieved: 8 March 2012.