Location of Goltry, Oklahoma
|• Total||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|• Land||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,381 ft (421 m)|
|• Density||664/sq mi (256.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1093241|
Goltry is located at (36.532980, -98.151104).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 268 people, 120 households, and 72 families residing in the town. The population density was 731.9 people per square mile (279.7/km²). There were 146 housing units at an average density of 398.7 per square mile (152.4/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 92.54% White, 4.10% Native American, and 3.36% from two or more races.
There were 120 households out of which 25.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.5% were married couples living together, 6.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.2% were non-families. 36.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 20.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.23 and the average family size was 2.95.
In the town the population was spread out with 25.0% under the age of 18, 3.0% from 18 to 24, 26.1% from 25 to 44, 21.6% from 45 to 64, and 24.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 90.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.7 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $30,000, and the median income for a family was $31,979. Males had a median income of $27,500 versus $16,696 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,182. About 13.8% of families and 18.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 23.3% of those under the age of eighteen and 14.5% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Goltry town, Oklahoma". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Official State Map (Map) (2008 ed.).