Gombe is located approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi), by road, northwest of Matugga, on the Matugga-Kapeeka Road. This location lies approximately 23 kilometres (14 mi), by road, north of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in the country. The coordinates of the town are:0°29'19.0"N 32°28'50.0"E (Latitude:0.488599; Longitude:32.480550).
As of March 2014[update], the population of the town of Gombe, Wakiso District, Uganda is not known.
The landmarks within the town limits or close to the edges of the town include:
- The administrative headquarters of Gombe sub-county, an administrative unit within Wakiso District Administration.
- The headquarters of Gombe Town Council
- Gombe Central Market
- "Map Showing Matugga And Gombe With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Gombe With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Gombe, Wakiso District, Uganda At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 July 2014.