"Gone till November" is the third single released from Wyclef Jean's debut solo album, The Carnival. It entered the UK Singles Chart at #3, its highest chart position, and went on to spend nine weeks on the chart. The song was also successful in the US, where it reached #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Additionally, it reached #2 in the Hot Rap Singles chart and #9 in the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks. The music video is set in an airport and features a cameo appearance by Bob Dylan when Wyclef sings, "I'm knockin' on heaven's door like I'm Bob Dylan." It was filmed at Los Angeles International Airport on November 20, 1997. The orchestral accompaniment, which was arranged and conducted by Sonny Kompanek, was performed by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
The remix of "Gone till November" features R. Kelly and Canibus, with backing vocals by Khadejia Bass, and contains interpolations of the songs "Michelle" by The Beatles, and "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club. A separate music video was also made for the remix version.
- UK CD1 (665871 2)
- "Gone till November" (Album Version) - 3:28
- "Gone till November" (Pop Version) - 3:27
- "No Airplay" - 4:42
- "Bubblegoose" (Bakin' Cake Mix) - 3:30
- UK CD2 (665871 5)
- "Gone till November" (The Makin' Runs Remix) - 4:05
- "Gone till November" (The Makin' Runs Remix Instrumental) - 3:42
- "Guantanamera" (Roxanne, Roxanne, Oye Como Va Remix) - 4:17
- "No Airplay - Men In Blue" (feat. Yossou N'Dour) - 4:46
|End of year chart (1998)
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100