Jara (left) playing for Chile in 2010
|Full name||Gonzalo Alejandro Jara Reyes|
|Date of birth||29 August 1985|
|Place of birth||Santiago, Chile|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Current club||Nottingham Forest|
|2009–2013||West Bromwich Albion||56||(2)|
|2011||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||10||(0)|
|2013||→ Nottingham Forest (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 December, 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Gonzalo Alejandro Jara Reyes (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡonˈsalo ˈxaɾa]; born 29 August 1985) is a Chilean footballer who currently plays for Nottingham Forest. He plays for the Chile national team and participated in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He is a versatile defender and can play in either full-back role or as a centre-back.
Born in Santiago, Jara made his professional debut in 2003 for Huachipato, where he played until his 2007 transfer to the South American team Colo-Colo. He made a £1.4m move to West Bromwich Albion on 25 August 2009. He has also made several appearances with the Chilean national team. He was chosen by coach Nelson Acosta to play for Chile during their 2006 tour through Europe where they played the Republic of Ireland in Dublin, Côte d'Ivoire in Toulon and Sweden in Stockholm all only months before the 2006 World Cup
In 2005, Jara Reyes represented Chile at the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship in the Netherlands, scoring a goal in Chile's 7–0 victory over Honduras.
Jara was Chile's captain in the prestigious 2008 U-23 Toulon Tournament, where he has played in the 5–3 victory against France, as well as the 2–0 victories against the Netherlands and Japan. He missed the semi-final match versus Côte d'Ivoire due to yellow cards.
Colo-Colo agreed to transfer him to English Championship team West Bromwich Albion for a fee of $3 million in August 2009, but the buying club chose not to proceed with the deal. However, they later resurrected the deal and Jara signed for Albion for a fee of £1.4 million on a three-year contract on 25 August 2009. He scored his first goal for West Brom against Leicester City on 7 November 2009. His second came against Arsenal on 25 September 2010, scoring in a 3–2 victory for West Brom at the Emirates Stadium.
On 21 October 2011, Jara joined Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion on a loan deal initially lasting until January 2012. However on 20 December 2011, West Brom recalled him and two other plays also on loan at other clubs due to an injury crisis. Jara returned to Brighton & Hove Albion on a loan deal lasting until the end of the season on 31 January 2012.
After his release from West Brom, Jara signed a one-year deal with Nottingham on 19 June 2013.
|19 June 2008||Estadio Olímpico Luis Ramos, Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela||Venezuela||1–2||2–3||FIFA World Cup qualifier|
|10 September 2008||Estadio Nacional de Chile, Santiago, Chile||Colombia||1–0||4–0||FIFA World Cup qualifier|
|17 November 2009||Stadium Pod Dubňom, Žilina, Slovakia||Slovakia||0–1||1–2||International Friendly|
|Apertura 2007||Colo-Colo||Primera Division Chile Champion|
|Clausura 2007||Colo-Colo||Primera Division Chile Champion|
|Clausura 2008||Colo-Colo||Primera Division Chile Champion|
- "BBC Sport Football player profile Gonzalo Jara". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Futbol-Colo Colo transfiere defensor Jara a West Bromwich inglés" (in Spanish). Reuters. 3 August 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2009.
- Lepkowski, Chris (5 August 2009). "West Bromwich Albion drop interest in Gonzalo Jara". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- "Jara seals £1.4m switch". West Bromwich Albion F.C. 25 August 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- "Leicester 1–2 West Brom". BBC Sport. 7 November 2009. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "Arsenal 2–3 West Brom". BBC Sport. 25 September 2010.
- "Chilean international signs". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Depleted West Bromwich Albion recall three". BBC Sport. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Albion's Double Loan Deal". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- "Gonzalo Checks In". Nottingham Forest F.C. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Reyes Returns