|How I Met Your Mother episode|
|Episode no.||Season 7
|Directed by||Pamela Fryman|
|Written by||Carter Bays and Craig Thomas|
|Original air date||April 30, 2012|
|Season 7 episodes|
Lily and Marshall hold their baby shower. However, Ted and Robin separately miss the shower on purpose to avoid seeing each other. Because Ted had been eager to avoid Robin for as long as he can, Barney encourages Ted to try online dating and sets him up with three specific women. Over the course of each date, Ted suddenly visualizes Robin sitting in front of him and is determined to get her out of his mind even if his dates found him weird. On the third date, Ted finds out that his date, Holly, needed someone to get her over a recent breakup, which leads them to sleeping together. Apparently relieved, Ted goes back to MacLaren's and tries to order a drink, but sees Robin as the bartender and as a nearby patron. Both pseudo-Robins encourage him to find Robin and make amends. Ted runs into Robin as he leaves the bar and tries to talk to her, but she tells him it is not a good time.
Meanwhile, Barney's relationship with Quinn is strained as he overreacts whenever he thinks her job is mentioned. After two of Quinn's regular customers greet her on the sidewalk, Barney fires a top GNB employee and offers Quinn a job at the bank as an "executive strategy coordinator" - which turns out to be just something to help Quinn earn income without having to strip. Seeing that Barney's trying to dictate her career, Quinn asks for some time to think and leaves Barney, who reinstates the employee.
With the baby's impending birth, Marshall conditions himself for various parenthood situations by using a watermelon as a practice baby. Lily is not happy with what he is doing and applies for a two-day parental workshop. As they prepare to leave, Marshall dozes off seeing Lily as the driver but wakes up hours later with Barney behind the wheel. Barney explains that Lily asked him to help trick Marshall into taking a vacation in Atlantic City so Marshall could unwind. At a casino, Barney proposes wearing the Ducky Tie again if they can turn off their phones for one hour and drink 100 tequila shots. One hour later, a drunk Marshall madly tosses poker chips around the casino floor while Barney turns his phone back on and sees 17 voicemails - all coming from Lily, who is now in labor and wants them back in New York immediately.
On his blog, Barney posts a job advertisement for a position at the Goliath National Bank.
- The photo in the fake profile that Barney creates is of ESPN reporter Jenn Brown.
- On Ted's third date, the girl mentions her ex-boyfriend, Wayne's, lack of manners. This gets Ted thinking of Wayne Manor, then Bruce Wayne, then Dick Grayson, then Robin.
- As seen previously in The Naked Man episode, Ted mentions Chilean poet Pablo Neruda as his favorite poet.
- Barney includes in the fake profile of the dating agency a series of references to catch Ted, like Ted's love for Pablo Neruda.
Donna Bowman gave the episode a B-, stating that Barney's role worked well for the characters.
Ethan Alter of Television Without Pity graded the episode at C.
- "Adams TV Teasers - 22nd February - Person of Interest, Castle, The Mentalist, Glee, Justified & More...". SpoilerTV.com. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- "Barney's Blog: Come Work for Goliath National Bank". May 1, 2012.
- "ESPN's Jenn Brown Cameos on 'HIMYM'". Lost Letterman. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Donna Bowman (April 30, 2012). "How I Met Your Mother: "Good Crazy"". The A.V. Club. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Ethan Alter. "How I Met Your Mother TV Show - Maybe the Dingo Will Eat Her Baby?". televisionwithoutpity.com. Retrieved June 29, 2014.