|Directed by||Marianna Palka|
|Produced by||Cora Olson
|Written by||Marianna Palka|
|Editing by||Chris Kroll|
|Release dates||October 10, 2008 (limited)|
Good Dick is a 2008 film directed by Marianna Palka.
Jason Ritter plays a video store clerk who works persistently to draw out a reclusive woman, played by Marianna Palka who often comes to the video store where he works and rents soft-core porn. Eventually, despite his strong optimism, her dislike of sex and resulting defensiveness drives them apart. It is revealed toward the end of the film that her dislike of both sex and relationships was fueled by sexual abuse at the hands of her father. The film ends with a confrontation with her father, and ultimately Ritter's character reuniting with her.
The film contains cameo appearances by sisters Elisabeth Waterston and Katherine Waterston. Tom Arnold has a short but significant role as "The Dick". Jason Ritter's brother Tyler Ritter has a brief appearance, Nancy Morgan also makes an appearance as a waitress. Bryce Dallas Howard and husband Seth Gabel also make cameo appearances.
Festivals and competitions
The New York Times said the film "surmounts its indie-movie quirkiness with exceptional acting and a sincere belief in the salvation of its wounded characters."
- Good Dick (2008) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo
- "2008 Sundance Film Festival Announces Films in Competition" (PDF). 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- JEANNETTE CATSOULIS (October 16, 2008). "A Standoff Between Longing and Denial". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Official website
- Good Dick at Box Office Mojo
- Good Dick at the Internet Movie Database
- Good Dick at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about an independent film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|