Good Morning, Mickey!
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2011)|
|Good Morning, Mickey!|
The title card for Good Morning, Mickey!
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original channel||Broadcast syndication|
|Picture format||4:3 SDTV|
|Audio format||Mono (Five-part pilot only)
|Original run||April 18, 1983 – November 28, 1992|
Good Morning, Mickey! is a television series that aired on The Disney Channel. It was first aired on April 18, 1983, when The Disney Channel launched. It was one of The Disney Channel's first original programs, and the first program aired at the channel's launch. It featured classic Disney animated shorts. Although Mickey Mouse shorts, without surprise, were the primary programming, additional cartoons featuring Goofy, Donald Duck, Chip 'n' Dale, Pluto, and others were also shown. Its time-slot for its early run was at 7 a.m. Eastern/Pacific Time, making it the first program of The Disney Channel's 16 (later 18) hour programming day. Later on, its time-slot was changed to 7:30 a.m. ET/PT, making it the second program of the channel's programming day. A similar show that premiered later on The Disney Channel was Donald Duck Presents. Good Morning, Mickey! was replaced by Mickey's Mouse Tracks in 1992.
This show was released on VHS PAL in the UK as part of a six-volume set which also each featured an episode of Welcome to Pooh Corner, The Mouse Factory, Donald Duck Presents and Mousercise. Each tape contained one Disney cartoon short.
- Volume One contains "Bone Trouble"
- Volume Two contains "Lion Down"
- Volume Three contains "Mickey's Garden"
- Volume Four contains "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip"
- Volume Five contains "Symphony Hour"
- Volume Six contains "R'Coon Dawg"
- The Disney Channel Magazine, April/May 1983 (Premiere Issue), pp. 6, 14.
- The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 10, no. 4, August/September 1992: pp. 36, 46.
- The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 10, no. 5, October/November 1992: p. 34.
- Good Morning, Mickey! Video and Image Galleries at Mahalo.com
- Good Morning, Mickey! at the Big Cartoon DataBase
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|