Goodbye to the Island
|Goodbye to the Island|
|Studio album by Bonnie Tyler|
|Producer||Ronnie Scott, Steve Wolfe|
|Bonnie Tyler chronology|
Goodbye to the Island is the fourth album by Bonnie Tyler released in January 1981. The track "Sitting on the Edge of the Ocean" was the Grand Prix winner of the Yamaha Music Festival held in Japan in 1979.
In April 2012, the album was released digitally under the "Rdeg" record label.
- "I'm Just a Woman" (Ronnie Scott, Steve Wolfe) – 5:08
- "We Danced on the Ceiling" (Scott, Wolfe) – 4:58
- "Wild Love" (Iain Sutherland) – 4:37
- "The Closer You Get" (Chris Rea) – 3:51
- "Sometimes When We Touch" (Dan Hill, Barry Mann) – 4:19
- "Goodbye to the Island" (Scott, Wolfe) – 3:13
- "Wild Side of Life" (Arlie Carter, William Warren) – 3:46
- "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (Gary Brooker, Keith Reid) – 4:29
- "Sitting on the Edge of the Ocean" (Scott, Wolfe) – 3:19
- "I Believe in Your Sweet Love" (Scott, Wolfe) – 4:22
- "Come On, Give My Lovin'" – Bonus track on the 2009 remastered album release.
- "Get Out of My Head" – Bonus track on the 2009 remastered album release.
- "I Believe in Your Sweet Love" (single version) – Bonus track on the 2009 remastered album release.
The only area where the album made a considerable ranking was in Norway, where the album reached #38 on the charts.
Goodbye to the Island was, from a singles standpoint, the worst-performing Bonnie Tyler album to date. Her singles included, I'm Just a Woman, and the title track Goodbye to the Island. None of the singles charted.
- I Believe in Your Sweet Love
Canada RPM Adult Contemporary #28
Spain 40 Principales #22
- Sitting on the Edge of the Ocean (the winner of the 1979 Yamaha World Song Festival)
Spain 40 Principales #21
Canada Charts 
Spain Charts